Anyone on alirocumab?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have familial hypercholosterolaemia and have been offered treatment with the relatively new drug of the PCSK9 type called Alirocumab or Praluent. I'm rather worried about potential side effects. Is there anyone who's had experience of this treatment?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have been on the biweekly injections of the similar Repatha (evolocumab) for about 1.5 years. It has lowered my ldl from 342 down to as low as 85, and typically around 90 to 100. My total cholesterol was 454 and has been as low as 137. I have not noticed side effects other than a slightly runnier nose than normal.

i also take 10mg of Crestor per day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.