Anyone on blood pressure Meds Same time as Crohns

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi  as anyone been taking Meds for blood pressure ,And has Crohns .thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Yes, but I don't really understand what you are looking for with this question. I have been on blood pressure meds since I was 23 years old and now I am 48. Is it because I have IBD? I doubt it. It has a lot to do with it, but isn't the only reason.

• Posted

Hi Craig , Is ibd irritable bowel desease,You been on Blood meds about same years as me ,but i am 70 now i was put on them because of DVT when i was 44, My doctor as just taken me off one of my meds Fossinopril ,So been on google checking ,And reading adverse affects on presciption notes you get with Fossinopril ,Me burning Swollen feet red like i have Diabetes ,Hard to eat sometimes,Little red dots of blood on skin, calf mucles aching ,So thought if can do all this to my feet ,could it do the same to my stomach ??, when i had colonoscopy,  Consultant showed me picture of my Ilius , LooKs very similar to my feet  ,But today 21/7/17 had my Annual Presciption revue with nurse & she said they work in a diffent way blood meds , (but i'm begining to doubt things now) thanks for replying Craig

• Posted

Craig i have just a Senior (or Alzheimers Moment because of Blood meds lol) Been telling every one Fossinopril Tablets, but it Is AMLODIPINE and not Fossinopril, sorry 
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I've been on lisinopril for high BP for around 15 years.

Diagnosed with Crohn's in April 2015.

Was on Prednisolone for 3 months

Azathioprine for 5 months

6-Mercaptopurine for 4 months.

Currently on Humira fortnightly injections for last 11 months

HTH

Pete

• Posted

Hi pete thanks for replying, i myself been on Fossinopril , do you think there is any correlation between taking Blood pressure Meds & crohns , i have just been taken off Fossinopril because of Red swollen feet , Which when i viewed my Colonoscopy Picture at the ilius by Consultant ( in Hd by the way,lol) , Looks very similar to my feet .been on blood pressure meds for about 25 years ,but like you diagnosed 2015 Crohns.

• Posted

Hi pete I must have had Senior (or Alzhimers) moment It is AMLODIPINE tabs and not Fossinopril ( i'm blaming blood meds for this) lol , sorry

• Posted

Yes I take Perindopril for high blood,pressure and Azathioprine for crohns, have done for a few years. All other meds for crohns, and I mean all, have not worked for me.
    • Posted

Hi Dulcie ,Do you think taking Perindopril just might had caused your Crohns  , or Azathioprine (never heard of that),Me i have just been taken off Fossinopril Bysalate (i think it is this Bysalate that is causing problems), thanks for replying Dulcie
    • Posted

Hi Dulcie  ,I have had a Senior (Alzhimer) moment ( i blame the Blood meds lol) it is AMLODIPINE tabs I'm on not Fossinopril,sorry

• Posted

Hi yes, I am on blood pressure tablets because the Inflixmab infusions treatment That i am on for my crohn's flare up is one of the side effects high blood pressure.

• Posted

Hi Anthony, yes I am on BP tabs, only the last year or so and my Crohn's hasn't been active for 4 years, I don't get the connection?

• Posted

Hi Anna i was on blood for years no problems ,then just been taken off Amlodipine,Me i think Blood meds cause Crohns , but been told they work in different way , When i read Prescription notes you get with Amlodipine ,Stomach problems
    • Posted

Isn't something I have ever come across, didn't cause mine as I was diagnosed 11 years ago, always thought Crohn's was activated by your immune system attacking the intestines, don't think anything gives you the disease. Lots of meds can give you stomach problems but rarely be the cause of a disease 

• Posted

Hi anna ,i have just been on the yellow card Scheme ,been told by a freind , have you ever used the yellow card scheme on internet , Think it is run by NHS.Thanks for replying anna.
    • Posted

Hi anna ,just type in yellow card Scheme it just tells you ,the problems

people are experianced  ,you don't have to report it ,but you can read it, i was begining to think i was a hypocondreact ,with that many things that these tablets cause .lol

• Posted

Anna see what i mean , i can't even spell now ,Hypochondriac. ( i'm blaming Amlodipine for this ) lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.