Anyone on fluxotine for health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my gp has prescribed me 20mg of fluxotine the dissolvable ones and to take 10mg a day as I'm nervous about taken meds ( go figure) my anxiety is feeling a bit better still on and off I'm only taken 5mg of the tablet would it still work?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Look it up on webmd.  Hey I'd try 5 mg.  See how it works.  You wouldn't be overdosing.  It's other name is Prozac.  Are you having anxiety all day?

• Posted

Hi

Yes it's Prozac, I did find some research that it can help I don't wana be so dependent on meds, yeah its everyday 😫 It's not as bad as it has been the last few weeks, but it's still there

• Posted

Have you ever tried herbal medications?  I'm 66.  The older you get it seems more pills.  You could try yoga?  What makes you have anxiety?  I get it when I enter a horse show.  It's more like "the fear of "  I take xanax .25.  It only stays in system a short time.  Sometimes In have trouble going to show so I take one.  Then I get there if I have the feeling I take another.  I'm the type that it takes alot to effect me.  It does not put me to sleep or make me sleepy cause my anxiety is so high.  If I take it at night to help sleep ...I fall right to sleep.
    • Posted

Hi I have tried herbal remedys and they haven't worked for me which I would of preferred them then meds from docs, I don't no why I'm so anxious I've had it on and off for years and after I had my baby it's been constant every day now I've been docs a and e had blood tests X-rays and everything was ok just my thyroid is high which I'm underactive
  • Posted

I've been on fluoxetine for 5 weeks 20mg the first 2 weeks I felt really sick and sweaty palms and feet but now I think it's starting to kick in. Don't worry about getting addicted they are there to help you, it took me almost a year to give in to meds and it's a year wasted as I should have done it a long time ago, I'd probably be back to my usual self by now. I'd at least try 10mg then up it, I wanted to take half but mine are capsules so I can't but I'm ok now
    • Posted

Hi thanx for your reply

I think I will up it I was worried about the side effects as I read you can be more anxious. Has it helped with your anxiety?

• Posted

It can but you can get diazepam/Valium to take the edge off of that. I can't say that it's helped my anxiety as I'm still anxious and having panic attacks, I should be on 40mg now but didn't want to up it, I'm seeing a hypnotherapist for it and I think that's working better for me.

But it works different for everybody I may need a different one to fluoxetine x

• Posted

It can but you can get diazepam/Valium to take the edge off of that. I can't say that it's helped my anxiety as I'm still anxious and having panic attacks, I should be on 40mg now but didn't want to up it, I'm seeing a hypnotherapist for it and I think that's working better for me.

But it works different for everybody I may need a different one to fluoxetine x

• Posted

I dont use anything, i cant. But i do have a couple of friends using prozac (much hugher doses 30 and 60mg) they love it. It took a while to actually build uo in the blood and work and i do know the doc gave one of them xanax for any side effects the first few weeks. But they are both happy with it. Meds are a option and a choice.if you feel you can not handle it without them then you do what you need to do. Its really what works for you. But learn cbt and get therapy either way. You still have to retrain yourself to think correctly. 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

The doc has given me diazepam to help with side effects if needed, I'm waiting for cbt to start hopefully that will help

• Posted

I've been on it for 2 months now. First month on 10mg and 1 month on 20 mg now. Doctor wants me to up it to 40 mg but I've been too chicken to yet. Mornings are the worst for me but I don't know if any of it is side effects or just the anxiety.
    • Posted

Net minder I daren't go up to 40mg I'm on 20mg ad have been for almost 6 weeks now. Yesterday morning I felt sick this morning I was sick which made me have some panick attacks. I don't think I'm pregnant well pretty sure I won't be lol have you had any similar experience
    • Posted

Yes, mornings are awful for me. I literally feel like the walking dead. I can't think straight or concentrate and everything seems to scare me. It's a terrible feeling of doom.
    • Posted

I just can't cope with this anymore. Panic attacks everyday my heart going funny and skipping beats it's ruining my life. I just don't no what to do anymore
    • Posted

I feel the same you do. My whole life revolves around anxiety now. I just want to be the person I was 5 months ago. It feels like that is never going to happen again and that causes me to panic even more... All this while trying to get on with life and act like everything is fine. I have Xanax to take the edge off of it when I can't handle it but sometimes it doesn't even seem to do much.
    • Posted

It's awful sad I have a 16 month old to look after my partner has been off work 5 weeks because of how bad it's been. I have panic attacks and can't calm myself down without calling an ambulance because I think I'm dying! Although I did have one today because I was sick and a neighbour came to talk to me as she's been through it all. Now I'm laid in bed thinking I can't breathe properly and I'm sure I can hear wheezing! I have diazepam to take the edge off they seem to make me sleepy so I have a nap when I've had one. Please don't think you will never get back to how you were, I had bad anxiety in 2011 and it disappeared until last year, you will have set backs but it's learning how to cope with them that will get you through it, unfortunately I'm still learning as its my heart I'm most scared about the palpitations and skips, in 2011 my throat was closing up. There's so many different symptoms anxiety causes so it does scare me as i don't no the difference. I've had heart checks it's fine apparently but my brain still ticks at something awful sad
    • Posted

That's sounds terrible. At least you have some support around you because it sure can be debilitating. I work from home with my wife running a licensed in home daycare so I have to fight through it with kids all day, not to mention I have a 3 yearold and 5 year old also, and a 15 and 17 year old here but they obviously are less needy. I also had this about 6 or 7 years ago and then it took a 6 year break until about 4 months ago when I got dizzy for a second and started to panic thinking I had heart failure. I had an EKG and full blood work and told I'm fine but my mind just can't comprehend that. Do you have times when you feel normal again? I get a small break usually in the evening where I feel pretty good and then I remember I have anxiety and it comes back.
    • Posted

Oh my I no how it feels after having my little one mine is defo worse don't wana be on my own my partner had to stay at home but now he has to work so I stay out until his home after had my chest checked now I'm getting weird pains in my head so I'm anxious over that it don't stop
    • Posted

Oh wow you really have got it tough then! I have a break from it in the afternoon but it comes back in the evening im laid in bed now feeling really anxious so I've had to take a diazepam hopefully it will calm me down so I can get some sleep sad
    • Posted

Yeah it can be pretty tough. I think it's better than if I had to leave and go to a workplace because I would always want to call in sick the way I've been. Hopefully you get some relief and can get some rest from your diazepam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.