Anyone on here from hants UK that has had a hip replacement?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi , I just wondered if any of you lovely people are from Hampshire UK and had a hip replacement done by professor Dunlop ? Little information about him and I could do with some feedback b4 my op

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If he is a professor he will be very good at what he does. Look him up on google 
  • Posted

if you look on the national joint registry they have stats about the types and numbers of ops that individual surgeons perform. I‘ve just had a quick look and their are two Dunlops on there both perform lots of hip replacements so that’s the best sign. The more they do the better the outcome tends to be. Good luck

Ann

• Posted

I'd go to the Care Quality Commission website to look up the report on the place you are having it done.

It makes for interesting reading for 'my' hospital.

• Posted

Dear Penny

If he works out of the Royal South Hants or Southampton General Hospital then he is the surgeon who did my revision last year and he was very good.

He was trained by the surgeon who did the hip he carried out the revision on. That hip lasted me twenty years of very demanding work.

I did not think he was a professor and although I have the file somewhere I cannot lay ny hands on it at the moment.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

I was told he lives in the same town as me and a few years ago the Echo named him as one of the top 10 hip surgeons in the country.  As well as working in Southampton general, he also has clinics  at the Spire and the Nuffield where I had my  hip done on the NHS by one of his colleagues who was also very good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.