Anyone on here suffering with neck & head pain from degenerative disc disease herniation etc?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wide awake with the pain. Can't get in to the neurosurgeon for another week. Suggestions please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I assume you have been given support and medication by your gp?

C/S pain is miserable and grinding, sleep is disrupted until a suitable pain control can be established.

Your neurosurgeon will hopefully help you and advise on medication.

I wish you all the best, my c/s pain lasted for well over a year until I eventually got the right meds.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks very much! I see the surgeon in 5 days and they cant get here fast enough. Not real sure how many fusions I need but the GP assured me I need surgery. Had 5 & 6 fused 10 yrs ago. Now the ones on either side ar trashed. Ughh. Thx again for your reply. Glad you are doing better. The problem here is this big opiate crisis so they don't want to prescribe much. I'll just keep holding to th ER. Lol

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Do you go to pain management? My pain management doctor just did another nerve block on my neck,ddd,facet arthritis,etc etc so much pain, they are sending off to my insurance to do surgery cut my nerves in my neck, I believe that's what he said im dizzy when I leave lol so I have to call an ablation definitely. I know sometime it all will come down to major surgery, im 54 im trying to avoid it. So pain management, my primary,pycharist,pyschologist, all intertwine with each other,no nuerosurgeon, so maybe you could make a appointment with pain management.

• Posted

Thx for the reply Elizabeth. No I just got insurance so went to my primary care Physician who referred me for an MRI, who when he got the results immediately said he was sending me to a neurosurgeon because he believed my problem would definitely require surgery. 10 years ago I had C5 and 6 fuses. Now 4 is herniated and I have significant narrowing in a couple other areas. He said its pretty severe s I'm finally getting in to see the neurosurgeon in 4 days. I'm anxious about the situation because the pain has gotten so much worse and is causing my Blood pressure and pulse to go up quite a bit. I'm hoping for the best. I know that over here in he US with th opioid crisis it makes it really hard to get the proper pain control meds needed to control it. So hoping for a surgery to fix it and not have to rely on meds

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Did your doctor say you were dizzy because of your back/neck?

• Posted

I had dizziness for the afternoon and next morning then it went away,no he did not say it was from that it is the second nerve block happened first time also,he helped me to waiting room. Darn should I be concerned,I felt the needles going directly into my neck,nerve it was uncomfortable,did four on each side,ugh but my arm pain is a 4 it was above a 10 I felt awful in both arms. My neck is sore today ugh imagine that's bruising.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.