Anyone on mirtazapine 15mg for anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey.. I have been on Mirt now for 2 weeks. I am taking it for anxiety  and to boost my appetite.  it has helped my appetite but so for not my anxiety . I was on Effexor before for 8 years it worked so well but if I was one hour late my heart would flutter and would not stop for hours.   Reasons I stopped taking it was cause it was to expensive.. I find Mirt is not working for my anxiety  but I am going to give it some more time.. I have a emergency anxiety refer witch is Ativan but it only works  for ex amount of time.. anyone else taking Mirt for anxiety 15 mg  please let me know 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was until 2 days ago. Just upped to 30mg. It also helped my anxiety a little. Practicing Mindfulness has helped a little too. I take Propranolol and Prozac too. SSRIs are first choice in UK I think.
  • Posted

Hello I have been on 45mg of mirtz for 2 years now it can take up to a month before you will notice any difference it works for me I even sleep well . Some people have different reactions to this drug some gain weight I haven't but I do eat healthy. Hang on in there it will take time I hope you start to feel better soon .

• Posted

I sleep well eat healthy just my anxiety that is out of control  when I was on Effexor I had no problems but I know it takes time for the medication to take it’s full effects.. thank u appreciate your response 
  • Posted

I took 15mg for 2 months before increasing to 30mg since Jan this year, I found it took several weeks to settle in though certainly noticing the difference in that time, the decision to increase the dose was my own as I felt that reinforce the desired effect where I was getting those moments still and it has now. Less worrying or overthinking without even thinking about it, if that makes any sense. Just takes a little while to kick in.
    • Posted

Yeah definitely, 15 is fine but I was up and down I got it to just spells of hours or a day or more, 30 for me just closed those down to the point of not really worrying about anything, I mean there still be bumps but it doesn’t stick to ya so easily.

Well that’s how I see it for me anyways lol. 

• Posted

It is helpful to know like right now I am just getting tired after I take my Mirt and then I get hungry  I pass out so easy  but some days I notice like today where I could not even walk to the store with out my anxiety going crazy I had to talk my self out of it and even when I got back home I had to take my Ativan to pull my self out of the attack.  So if I have to improvements after  both and a half  then I am going to see if my doctor will take it up to a higher dose  my Effexor I was on 175 mg and that I think was the highest and it worked perfectly I still had my days of not wanting to get out of bed but it was only once or twice a month   And I maybe have 2 anxiety attacks per month but it was small and over  fast 
  • Posted

Heya! Sorry didn’t reply, never great at keeping up! But thought it had been a week, was wondering how you’re getting on now?
    • Posted

Still not helping with my anxiety at all but I And half way through my third week it is fusterating  but I still have some hope if it does not help with in 2 month period I will have to change cause I can’t handle this anxiety much more and it is to the point I hate leaving my house luckily I have my Ativan the helps me get by for now 
    • Posted

Hopefully it’ll kick in soon and start to have the desired effect, sounds you could do with the break. Couple months was bout right for me, know they say 4 weeks but I probably didn’t notice the effect it having straightaway. Even then if it doesn’t, there be other options still. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.