Anyone on Nortriptyline?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was wondering if anyone here is having success on Nortriptyline for anxiety/depression. I have been raised to 100, 8 days ago. Not many people are being treated with tricyclic antidepressants. Would love some input. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn: 

I didn’t take the exact same one you are taking but I did take tricyclic depressant before and it actually worsen my anxiety so I switched to Lexapro now . How are you feeling ? 

• Posted

I was also on a tricyclic antidepressant, Clomipramine. 50mg I was on it for over 20 years and it changed my life.......then they stopped distributing it here and I had to wean off,  that was 5 years ago, still haven't found a replacement. Good luck with yours, it might take a while to kick in but give it time.

• Posted

Thanks for telling me it might take a while to kick in. Everyone expects to be better in 6 weeks
    • Posted

What have you tried. Zoloft worked for me for 23 years then stopped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.