Anyone out there who suffers with depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past couple of months I've had no control over my emotions and have had really bad mood swings, I'm pushing my partner away as I'm constantly snapping at him I don't want to go out anywhere, I don't like who I am anymore. It's weird as I can go weeks being fine then I just change and go back to being horrible, I'm on my own a lot I've literally got no friends my partner works away we have 4 children together aged 6 and under and it's starting to get really difficult hiding my troubles away from them, I've thought about killing myself numerous times but obviously I can't do that to the kids. I don't know what's going on with me I was just wondering if anyone who has depression is this what it began like? I said before I go weeks feeling fine but this is the longest I've been down for

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hannah

If not already you ned to discuss your condition with your GP, various medications may help as will some CBT Where you can talk out your problems.

With the stress of a large family ask about Relaxation Techniques, they can help you calm you moods and assist in a nights sleep.

To understand what is causing your depression, knowing this can help you defeat the associated low mood

One thing I am concerned with is the distand thought of Suicide, your GP needs to know about these distant thoughts. 

If you feel at risk telephone NHS Health on telephone 111 and explain any fears you may have, or if you can see your GP quickly telephone your Practice for an urgent appointment.

BOB

• Posted

I wouldn't ever actually commit suicide, I just couldn't do that to my children. But I feel like I'm not actually bringing them up I feel as if I'm dragging them along with me, I play games with them and laugh and read books but it's like they know it's fake..hard to explain. Everything I do is for my kids so I know I'm not entirely a bad mum I just feel like the worst mum, I should be enjoying them like I used to. I'm scared to go to the doctors incase they refer me to social services. I just want to know if this is the beginning of depression because if it is then I'll obviously have no choice other than to get help. My partner has said a few times he feels concerned about me, he's caught me crying a couple of times and he's just noticed a change. I tell him I'm fine because I don't want him worrying while he's at work. I just don't understand why I can be fine sometimes then it's like I go to bed and when I wake up I'm a different person for no reason.

• Posted

Hannah

To know what is effecting you. Your half way there to address your Depression.

You have What sounds like a depression and this needs to be addressed so you can at least enjoy your life and family. Am I understanding correctly you husband works away, sorry if I am wrong.

It seems you could be a stay at home Mam and if this is the case days out could be a positive suggestion for you and your children. When I was young I would work in the garden, if you have that facility the children could plants seeds and whatch things grow, and you could become involved. One family I knew had window boxes and that seemd to help with moods.

I do not know your childrens age, one activity I did was learn too swim, that may be another activity you could try with them.

First I would still advise you to talk to your GP, it does not mean your children will be taken. However a course of CBT may help you and that will be a good thing

How old are your children ?

BOB

• Posted

Do you ever get out of the house?  Do you have any friends? 

The answer really is to make sure you are properly medicated...but to also develop some kind of an activity....that has nothing to do with family or responsibilities.

How about a gym?  Whenever i go to the gym...i feel better and less stressed.

Anything..even if you go to a coffee shop for an hour alone or with an old friend..

Visit a family member...alone....

Something?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.