Anyone over 50 and still get anxiety attacks?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am in that age group and wondered how many others are older and can't seem to shake these crazy anxiety attacks. I'm doing everything possible such as  meditation, eating healthy, exercise and so on, but still out of the blue my heart starts racing and I get lightheaded when I'm not even stressed about anything. It just seemed to take over 😒

Would like to chat with someone who can relate. 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Haha now its down as peri or menapause. They just tack on that and its all the same. Except you dont concern so much with fear of dying.more fear of suffering.
  • Posted

Jan

I am in my mid sixties now and I sometimes feel a little more anxious when I need tests or treatments for my Chronic Painful Condition. It seems like I am more concerned regards my own mortality and keep referring myself to the Lord and the Bible that mentions life expectations and three score years and ten, Seventy as it gets to me how quickly time has passed from my sixtyith Birthday and now getting my OAP. Sometimes I now feel it is all downhill from now and that seems to upset the applecart. Of course these days we go supposidly to well into our eighties. The problem however is I am loosing many of my Peers to the Grimm Reaper.

Generally the older we get the more tentitive we become

BOB

• Posted

Cheer up Bob

I am in the same age group. WE NEED YOU ON here so you ain't going nowhere >

Keep strong.

xxx

• Posted

Thanks Jane

We will rattle around together.

I got a couple of nice walking sticks a couple of weeks ago with interchangable handles. One a silver salmon and the othe a silver elephant head. They interchange and I have two other designs of ivy and flowers.

Really uplifting Lol

Keel a hold always here to haunt, 

Keep a hold

BOB xxx

• Posted

I'm also in similar age group and finding the anxiety 10 times worse now that I'm older. Previously I'd have a difficult time of it and then bounce back. Now I get panic attacks and end up not getting things done/going places that I should because everything is so much more difficult. I felt brill when I hit 60 but things have changed -- the 6yr pension delay hasn't helped either as I'm anxious about trying to find a job!! Sounds daft but it's a bit of a vicious circle! Hoping this will. be a much better week for us all and less anxiety in the coming weeks.

• Posted

I know.

WHere did the years go I often ask myself. Keep strong kiddo!!

xxx

• Posted

Thanks for that.

I used to be so strong and never gave up but not been as good lately. -- I lost my mum a while back and I feel lost -- at this age!!! She wouldn't show her weaknesses -- I have to be strong is my mantra for tomorrow!!! Good luck everyone xx

• Posted

? ? I   understand. The same happened to me when I lost my mum in law nearly two years ago.

I feel so lost and alone.

I am preoccupid with negative thoughts since.

Anyway thanks for replying it helps.  xx

• Posted

I'm 59 (tomorrow)) I have had anxiety since I was 23 since my mother died and today I still suffer, panic, light headed etc, I still hate it but I supposed I have learned to live with it.

• Posted

Hello Jen ! I'm in my sixties . Have an axiety over 30 years . 

I notice , as I go older it 's not getting easier with coping . 

Always tinking how is going be my life later ? 

Specially now , when I have to go overseas to help to take care of my parents .

I'm going for 3 months ! And I expect I will have lots of axiety & heart palpitations ! 

But I know I owe that to my parents . They are both 86 ! 

Take care Jan ??Donna

• Posted

It maybe because you are doing exercise yoga etc, that you are not eating enough or hydrated enough. This can cause the symptoms u get, as

I have had the same. Also u could get a multi vitamin and mineral tablet, as maybe it short of some vitamin or mineral. Good luck though and hope they better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.