Anyone Read Leaflet with the Medication?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Fibro Palsbiggrin

Does anyone on here ever read the leaflet that comes with the medication? I don't normaly bother, but yesterday I were opening a new bottle of Oramorph and read the leaflet.

If you have an Under Active Thyroid...Don't take....

If you are Over Weight...Don't take...

I unfortunatly are both of these...and have been on this mediction now for 2 years!!

I will certainly be asking questions at the Surgery!!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It will be the pharmaceutical company's way of covering everything. Some people are taking high doses of oramorph and may also have sleep apnoea. The oramorph could reach high plasma levels and decrease or stop your breathing.
    • Posted

Phew, that does not sound so good.. 

Thanks everyone for replying, seem as though it was a very good topic to taks about..

I am having a realy bad day today, still in my night gear no energy as yet to have a shower and dress...

Have a good day Fibro Pals..cheesygrin

• Posted

So sorry to hear you're having a bad day Anne - hope you feel a bit better later. I actually winced when I read your comment because I know how awful ' bad days' are. Hugs.
  • Posted

Do you know, Doctors shouldn't make anyone feel small, you are entitled to speak to them as they do to you. I was intimidated by Doctors when I was younger, but since getting older and realising that I am in control of my body and not them, I don't get flustered any more. I've worked with them, I know exactly what they are like, and a Doctor is only a human being like us, it's just that they are trained in a different field to the rest of us. Some of the ones I have met in my job would be mortified to think that they intimidated anyone - half the time they are so pressured by seeing patients on time, and not getting their work done accurately, that they seem to forget they are normal people, and they go into what we used to call " Robot mode " - where they focused totally on the job in hand, and hadn't got time for pleasantries. If there is something you don't understand, SAY SO, if you feel they are rushing you, SAY SO, and if you feel intimidated, SAY SO - otherwise the Doctor has no idea how you are feeling. When I visited my Doctor a couple of weeks ago, he seemed very distant ( probably because he was running over an hour late ), and I was wittering away, talking about my symptoms. He started typing notes on the computer screen as I was speaking, so I leaned over his desk ( he had no option but to look at me ) and I just said " I don't want to be rude, but are you listening to me ?? " Then I flashed him a huge grin, and he grinned back, and turned back to face me, and I carried on. He was quite amused.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy..Wish I had the confidence to do that..Before I go in I have it all in my mind what to say to him, and, you've guessed it..He says what can I do for you today? I know I should'nt, but I always say 'give me something to end it all'..Then after that I just start ging all hot and bothered and ask nothing..I am so dreading next week when I go and visit the Pain Clinic frown Regards Anne..
    • Posted

Oh Nooooo, Anne, you need to take control - it's YOUR body, and you have a right to know what's going on in it. Keep taking your lists, but use them, Doctors don't expect you to just accept everything they tell you. There are so many people like you, you aren't on your own with that, but when I go, I HAVE to question everything, it wouldn't do to make things too easy for the Doctors! Lol!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.