Anyone really dizzy and having pins and needles in face on mirt.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 15mg Mirtazapine for 5 weeks now , but i am really dizzy all time and have pins and needles and numbness in my face and feet. Its like a migraine but the aura does not happen, just sensitive eyes and flickering. Can anyone relate please.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carole i have the sensation in my upper jaw! started in week 3 i'm now into week 8 and on maximum dose of 45mg,seeing my doctor on Wednesday it is very annoying and distressing also light headed i have now as i speak to you.
  • Posted

Hi Carole i have the sensation in my upper jaw! started in week 3 i'm now into week 8 and on maximum dose of 45mg,seeing my doctor on Wednesday it is very annoying and distressing also light headed i have now as i speak to you.
  • Posted

Yes Carole i have this also it is very distressing, it started in week 3  i'm now in week 8 and still got it i'm on 45mg, going to doctors on wednesday tell him once again! Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Sorry for two replies site told me it had not been sent!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi anne thanks for replying . Helps to know this is not just me. My gp puts everything down to anxiety.I know this is not its different.Due to me being bedridden with a long term illness, i cannot get to see doctors just get mostly phone consultations via my carer. I would be interested to know what your doctor comes up wth if you wouldnt  mind letting me know. Nice to get a second opinion.
    • Posted

Hi Carole i also get the same old answer ANXIETY! this is not! it is the Mirtazapine went to see GP wednesday told him about this he wants to see me again in 1 week, i have just had a panic attack through it, hope this helps you. Anne
    • Posted

Hi Anne thanks for that. I to  k eep having bad anxiety and panic attacks. I was blaming it all on me coming off amitriptyline after four years and going straight  onto mirt. Like a discontinution syndrome.All i know is   i have coped with my illness for years but have never felt more depressed in my life. The mirtazapine is my last resort my doc said so i have to stay on it. I dare not come off it in case i get worse, but i am like a cabbage now so how much worse could it get. God knows.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.