Anyone really struggle to eat with reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

Do any of you really struggle to eat anything at all with reflux? I've completely lost my appetite now and worried as I've already lost a lot of weight.

Having endoscopy next week.

Joanne

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im waiting for a barrium swallow and too scared to eat anything solid. im also losing weight. i have feeling i have an inflammation of the esophagus. My advice would be to keep up with your diet and make sure you don't lose on essential nutrients. Have smoothies juices and soups instead but dont make yourself too weak to fight this infection.

• Posted

Hi I have lost weight also this is a part of this problem im using the acid followers diet which is helping. I also try and eat little meals which seems to help ive cut out all dairy bread etc. eat chicken fish and vegetables also i make a bone broth which is good if you cant swallow i wish you all the best and hope this helps i wish you good luck take care jackie

• Posted

Hi can you tell me how to make the bone broth you are using.

many thanks

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies. I'm trying hard to consume nutrients in the form of smoothies, very soft foods like scrambled egg, porridge but its hard not to let the whole thing get on top of you and end up feeling quite nauseous.

Joanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.