Anyone relate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm waiting to see a surgeon to arrange removal of my gallbladder. I'm getting pain just above and to the right of my belly button and pain lower down towards my right hip. My pain up until now has been in my ribs in line with my armpit and hip and not as far down as my hip or belly button before. Can anyone relate?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yep, I have a dull ache in my right shoulder blade with occasional pains about 3 inches below my right nipple.  LOTS of nausea.   Had a bad HIDA scan last month.  Surgery on Tuesday.

Have you had a HIDA scan or other imaging?

• Posted

I have seen two surgeons. The first one wanted to schedule surgery. The second one went by my symptoms,and felt surgery not needed. The pain i get is not strong and not often. I do,follow a low-fat diet which helps. The surgeon was honest and said surgery, whether laproscopic or not, is still surgery and time to heal is not pleasant. I would suggest if your pain is not that bad,put off surgery and watch what you eat. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Ladies & Gents, I'm really struggling with all over aching, joint pain, numbness, hip pain, tingling legs and feet, ringing in my ears and dizziness. I feel like i've got the flu. Can anybody relate? I'm meeting the surgical team Wednesday.

Cheers

• Posted

Hi Matt,

?hope you don't mind my joining in here - I'm intrigued by your pain as it sounds very much like what I'm experiencing. (I know I have an inflamed gallbladder with a v small polyp present - this diagnosed at recent ultrasound). My pain can be under ribs, in my back and shoulder blade area but also , as you describe , down towards my right hip seemingly.

?Your last post made me think of infection as once when a friend had an internal infection all of her symptoms were similar to what you described - fluey, joint pain , feeling faint etc etc. I'm hopeful you've got some attention as you said you were meeting the surgical team on Wednesday. Very best of luck with it all - I feel for you as from experience I know this is just awful.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.