Anyone relate to really old person days ?

Posted , 21 users are following.

So I am 56 and 7 weeks post right THR. Ok yesterday .. Looked round two shops and did a 30 minute gentle walk tho it was dark and cold. Felt it when I got in . So today I wake up and I feel as can only be described as a very old person . Ache most places esp my back and feel I have to use the grabber .tired and in pain and feel very stiff and rigid . Everything seems an effort and just want to sit still . My get up and go has got up and fled . Is this normal ? I don't think I overdid it yesterday ... Two shops and a medical appt then a walk .

Anyone else relate to this at 7 weeks ? Or am I going mad and aged 25 years ?!! Thanks

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes I can relate to that! And have more admiration for older peeople and the disabled now than I ever have in the past.  

Only thing I can say to you is that it DOES get better, much better! I am going out dancing tomorrow night with my friends and intend to wear heels. I now feel like a youngish woman again, so don't worry it will come! 

• Posted

Hi Hazel I'm 17 weeks post TLHR yesterday went out shopping with hubby was out 5 hours ish

felt really good husband said not limping this

morning could hardly move stiff,pain hurt to

walk plus other hip more painful now o/a and

needs replacing will this ever end,so keep your

your chin up your so early in your recovery lots

of rest as well as Ian said.Big hugs xxx🙋 👍

• Posted

5 hours hope you got a medal.... I am 15 weeks and can last enough time to do the weekly shop..... that takes it out of me.  

​Have done 2hours out and about and then slept all afternoon a few weeks ago... so that was body telling me off. 

• Posted

Hi Elaine when your feeling it's a good day

you tend to just make the of it and like me

ache like billy o the next day.

Elaine do you ever feel uncomfy when standing

round your scar/new hippio area? Hugs 😄

• Posted

Hi Anna

​If I stand for long it hurts, like something is stabbing me.. and if I sit for long in one position I get pain....

​Apparently I am expecting to much so the GP said  today.. soft tissue is healing and you will get pain....

​Went out for lunch today. feel totally washed out, and really did not walk much.. but just mental tension...

Keep in touch Anna... and keep healing

• Posted

Thank you Elaine I tend to think I'm 15/16 weeks now shouldn't be having these aches ,pains

feelings not now surely ,but not true as you say

still healing,big hug Anna🌸

• Posted

Believe me, at 04:30 in the morning when I get up for work, my 'get up and go' has gone now.   I used to be OK with it, but not any more.   I really cannot wait to retire - oh well, just 160 days to go now ! 

• Posted

Just set the alarm clock ... and then sleep on my back frown until it goes off.  Only 100 more work mornings to go now before I retire cheesygrin.

• Posted

Depending which side of the bed you are on....cool Just put the left leg out...and follow it with the right one...cool It is that easy, just never go back to sleep just for " Five More Minutes"

That is an accident waiting to happen. idea

• Posted

That will soon come round... if you count the days since your op and how far you have come.... 100 days will fly by then you can enjoy your new life...
  • Posted

I'm 59 and was having those days before? the op! But great catch - I'll blame them on the op, and then I won't feel half as bad about them confused

?Seriously though (and yes, I was being serious before too!) yes. I'm 2 weeks LTHR abd doing great - but like clockwork, at 3pm the clock needs winding up and I am nodding off to sleep on the sofa and nothing will stop me.

• Posted

7 week old hip is just a wee infant...wants to be warm, hates cold, hates damp, does not like snow, but loves fireplace, cuddle with a kitty, drink some cocoa, little exercise, some rest...two shops, medical appointment, and a walk...at least you left out the jog...chuckle chuckle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.