Anyone similar ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, sorry for the long thread lots of things going on, I have had trouble in my right shoulder for over a year. 

Excruciating pain , no sleep etc. nothing helped chiropractor, physio, pain killers.

it eventually went into a frozen shoulder, now I have quite a lot of movement back..HOWEVER...at times I still get really bad pains keeping me awake I survive on 3/4 hours sleep.

now my other shoulder is paining me , I also have pain in my neck when I move it from side to side,

I'm thinking my neck could be the cause?.. I have had an X-ray on My right shoulder showed no arthritis thank goodness . But I also had an ultra sound, which showed the long head of biceps tendon is intact and normally sited.

the supraspinatus was wholly intact but demonstrated tendonpathic thickening and degeneration.

normal rotator cuff and tendons, no significant burial thickening.

on dynamic imaging bursa buckling was noted on abduction normal a/c joint. No idea what anything means ?

im worried that it's my neck causing most but I can't seem to get an X-ray on neck or other shoulder as no-one is listening. 

I am due to have surgery the end of the month, I'm concerned that I have not been looked at holistically and all the options haven't been done, can anyone offer me any advice?.. Please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I doubt anyone here is medically qualified to interpret that. Sorry. Is the surgery to explore the shoulder? Or have they an idea? Or is it for something else?

Have you got the chance to find a Bowen practitioner before the surgery? Google bowen4life and have a look at what it is - I and a lot of friends have found it very helpful for muscular problems and it has a good reputation for frozen shoulder and pain relief. It is always worth trying before something as drastic as shoulder surgery if they don't really know what is going on. It is sort of chiropractic for soft tissue - chiropractic is great for bones but doesn't do a lot for muscles.

• Posted

Thank you Eileen I'm off to look that up right now xx

much appreciated x

• Posted

"dynamic imaging bursa buckling was noted".

This suggests sub-acromial impingement or coracoid impingement. More likely sub-acromial impingement, possibly caused by a bone spur.\

The surgical fix for ths is decompression surgery of the shoulder. I would ask your surgeon about this possibility. It's quite a simple procedure and recovery is typically three or four months.

Good luck NICK

• Posted

Well, I have seen a surgeon this week after 1 year...and I am now booked for surgery on the 19th of jan. having bones shaved . 

Am I scared... Absolutley

am I worried this will not fix my problem...yes.

only time will tell.

the worrying thing is my other shoulder is showing similar symptoms.. 

I will let you all know how I get on, wish me luck and I'm praying for a full recovery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.