Anyone still take Dosulepin?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking dosulepin for 5 weeks now and when I first started taking them I was on 25mg after 3 weeks I had to up it to 50mg and in 2 weeks time I have to up it to 75mg. I am taking this for tension headaches and migraines. When I first started taking this medication it seemed to be working for about 2 weeks but since then I am having headaches everyday again and having to resort back to taking strong pain killers. I have noticed a few side effects like fast heartbeat and hot flushes every now and again. But now I have noticed that my period is late and missed periods isn't listed as a side effect on the leaflet that came with the medication so I decided to look it up on the internet and every post that I found is from at least 4/5 years ago. So I was just wondering if anyone else was having this as a side effect? If people are still taking this medication. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've not taken this ,but with the effects your having think a Drs visit in order.if the side affects aren't listed ,they don't put them all,just ones that have been reported back.So get to see dr,I wouldn't take any more till you've seen dr.i take Migraleve (pink).think your be fine.Stress will make prob worse,does mine.Drink lots of water  sometimes by not having enough fluid hurts mine,so I drink water as soon as I wake,the brain tightens due to lack of fluid around the brain hence headaches cranial osteopath told me this.I drink 3 to 4.  50 MLS water a day.hope you go on okay,but get in to see the dr.have a chat.
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply and advice Marlene. I'll be sure to make an appointment first thing on Monday morning 😄
  • Posted

Good,only a dr should check you out,due to what you've said.Write down what dr needs to know,so nothing's missed.id hand it to dr,quicker and easier,done this myself.think maybe those tabs haven't been suitable,just my opinion.Get back let me know what was doing it..Miserable being unwell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.