Anyone Struggling After Surgery ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi , I had my gallbladder removed almost 5 months ago

and I'm still struggling with feeling sick , bloating, rib pain

After very little food . My diet is almost non existent.

Is anyone having the same problems . ? I wouldn't wish this

on anyone but would love to hear from others in the same boat

or who have been there and overcome it . Any tips would be great

especially on what to try and eat . I'm scared this is it for ever now .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda, I had my gallbladder removed at end of 2016. I too still have episodes of pain in RHS which goes just under ribcage, front & back as well as RHS mid abdomen region. I also get a bloating feeling with pain in the middle of diaphragm area & this pain goes through into my back.

I also get sickness. I have been getting these pains after every meal this week.

Am under query of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction.

• Posted

Hi Linda,  I had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago. I have terrible bloating, lower gut pain, gas and diarrhea. My diet could not be any blander. I don’t feel like eating, nothing taste good and I know what will more than likely be coming shortly. I don’t drink any soda, eat anything fried, no beef, and basically no fat. I have followed the diet that my surgeon gave me prior to my surgery. I am almost to the point of just giving up. I hate to go anywhere because I never know when my gut is going to go crazy. My internist sent me a prescription for Lomotil but you only take it after the diarrhea starts. My heart goes out to you. I wish I could offer you some help. If you find a miracle cure please let me know. 
  • Posted

I have had nausea since two years gb removal, does yours come as soon as you wake? Mine is getting worse but the diarrhoea is slightly better.  Dont know which is worse.  I am on fodmap diet, hardly eat anything but dried cereal, no dairy, no fat no gluten, only fish and chicken.I would love someone to tell me how to get rid of nausea.  Drs seem even after everyones tests, to just not be able to do anything for us.  Omeprazole and ranitidine didnt work for me.  Really need some advice
  • Posted

I had mine removed about three months ago and have the same problems I eat soups and subway.but notice my stomach is swelling up and bruising in placesome around my colon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.