Anyone suffering from Failed Back Surgery Syndrome and taking Pregabalin?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Between 1975 and 1990 I had three laminectomies and various other invasive procedures. I am now 71.This was before keyhole surgery so I have some large scars!

Over the years I have always been in some pain but apart from a couple of major flare ups I have been able to lead a relatively ‘normal’ life.  That is until January this year.  My doctor prescribed Nortriptyline and as this gave me terrible acid he also prescribed Omeprazole.

After a couple of weeks I developed pains and stiffness in my hips, worsening pain in my spine as well as stiffness and pain in my shoulders and upper arms.

A Google search led me to think this was caused by the Omeprazole so I stopped taking both the Nortriptyline and the Omeprazole. The pains didn’t go away and when my hands became inflamed and seized up I was put on steroids (premisolone ) and referred to a rheumatologist who diagnosed Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)

I now do not know which pain is what!!

I am thinking of asking my GP to increase the Prgabalin to 300mg twice a day and wonder if anyone is on this dose and if they have found it helpful?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes I been on this meds for my nerve pain after my sudden hearing loss in one ear and I started having neck pain ..it helps me the orthopaedic Drs say it could be nerve related ...it makes me feel drowsy so I take it 7pm before I sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.