Anyone take Clobetesol /vulva irritation?i

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just started with it 3 days ago along with Estradiol for vaginal atrophy.

Yesterday was great but, after applying both last night I had to "go" 3 times last night and each time was a weak stream.

Today I had some burning where I had spread the Clobetesol and, for me, the urge to urinate goes hand in hand with burning.

I washed it off but my day was spoiled as I felt "urgy."

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

HI RO77360

I use clobetasol all the time, everytime I urinate, I was advised to make sure all traces of urine have been removed, then apply a very small amount of the clobetasol to the labia area, your skin goes very red when applied, but within minutes it dies down, it does not hurt nor itch. on the other hand, the Estradoil irritated my skin to the extent that I no longer use it. hope this helps.

• Posted

I just don't know what to do I wash very carefully everytime I go to the toilet then apply the drapolene and it does help. I don't know if it is advisable to use the drapolene or not. Do you not use an estrogen cream at all now. I just know I have had more relief from the drapolene than any other non estriol cream.

I was prescribed a thrush pessary for thrush after an antibiotic and it was the worst experience I have ever had it was unbearably sore stinging and burning and washing it off in the morning and using drapolene didn't do much until the pessary disolved I suppose.

• Posted

i use estriol cream and drapolene and I get the same symptoms . Is clobetasol a mild steroid cream. I have tried various lubricants and have recently bought Balance Active. I am not sure about it because all lubricants make me sting and burn and then when I use the estriol cream it is worse. I use the estriol cream once a week and on that night it is a nightmare. The whole area feels stinging and I have bathroom trips of up to five times. In the morning I wash it off and put on the drapolene cream and it gets better but still feels stingy. On these days I feel my inside is like a prolapse but know it isn't so I do exercises like putting my left hand on my right knee and pull my insides up then my right hand on my left knee and doing the same and I feel that helps. Did your doctor prescribe the clobetasol everything seems to work with me for a few times then they are resigned to the numerous lubricants I have bought and don't use. It's a right pest and makes everything more of a struggle. My doctor didn't say to use the drapolene it was someone on here who used drapolene and got relief from it. When it stings when I use the estriol I wonder if the estriol cream is not compatable with the drapoleen.

• Posted

Olive the outer are might be burning from the yeast infection you had.Did you use any yeast or steroid there? I find this happens to me. Recently been put on antibiotics for sinus and here we go again Difflucan cause urogyno said i need and of course im raw once more. Try vaseli e, prior to this it was helping me

• Posted

you know YOLANDA that's what the pessary did the doctor gave me for thrush caused by antibiotics. I think all the inside of every bit of me in that area and deep inside vag was raw because I couldn't stand anything at all near the area. Everything I tried to ease the pain gave me more discomfort I will never ever use a pessary again..It was tetracycline I had and the first time I have ever had thrush in my life. Also when it got really sore I felt I was wetting myself. When I used the estriol cream it all started again. I think the pessary had to dissolve completely and the area heal before I could use the estriol again. I also felt my pelvic floor was coming down even although I knew it wasn't. Did you feel the vaseline helped. I read somewhere they didn't recommend us using vaseline because it could cause an infection. It was on here I read about drapolene and I have been using it for a long time and so far no infection. I have started to wash myself every time I use the toilet and put on drapolene another person on here did that. I am getting to the stage I would try anything. To make matters worse my husband has date of 9th April for one hip replacement and bed had to be certain height etc so we bought new bed and new mattress resulting in the mattress being far too soft and he can neither get in nor out of the bed because the mattress is worse than the old one. Can't return it because it is used now. Had to arrange extra help of more carers coming in to help with our son and if my inside feels like it is falling out I will struggle with out son.

I think the Balance Active I have could be a possibility because I opened one of the applicators and it is a thick greasy substance but so afraid of using anything different in case it all comes back. Clobestatol have you tried it?

Hope you are coping with your antibiotic and no yeast infection

• Posted

How are you getting on YOLANDA how were you with the antibiotics

nothing changed with me everything the same

let me know how you are

• Posted

Hi Olive, This has been awful since i got sick, i seem to have an ongoing sinusitis problem, which i cant shake. Monday i will see another Ent , but I think its infection still but my dr didn't give anymore antibiotics. Im very congested but can't use decongestant due to my pressure goes up., i am try Afrin dr says it doesn't effect like pills so much. Thanks for asking.Dont really want more meds but if need what can we do, constant problems after my hysterectomy, always something

• Posted

I know its really awful and all these other problems on top of it.

I am not good today I think I have been on my feet too much. I feel today my insides are falling out and the stinging and burning is just really terrible. I am going to try vaseline - what is clobetasol is it a moisturiser

• Posted

in desperation just now I went and used the BALANCE ACTIVE and it has helped just a little bit but its sort of like vaseline. I see you use vaseline did your doctor say it was advisable to use vaseline because I am sure I remember reading somewhere here vaseline was being blamed for infections - UTI I presume. Do you use the vaseline just on lower parts or do you put it higher. It's just awful this I feel worn out and its back to repeated bathroom trips with doing hardly anything.

I think standing on my feet doesn't help I had a pelvic floor repair a few years ago and I will never get another one it was the worst experience ever.

• Posted

I've had the best luck with Emerita, a personal moisturizer, I get from Amazon.

Its very inexpensive, I think about $10.00 for a 4.8 oz bottle.

Its very soothing and never burns.

Ingredients: aloe vera, calendula, vitamin e and ginseng. It is water based.

I like it much better (!!) than vaseline or coconut oil.

• Posted

this has been the worst day ever. stinging burning feeling my insides were falling down and even wet myself with the urge being there all the time. I have come to the conclusion it is too much sweet stuff we have been eating. I can go for a long time not eating sweets or sweet food but when my daughter comes down she brings sweets and biscuits and that's me started again. I am sure sweet food makes me worse even any weight increase round my middle makes me worse. I wish I had the answer so fed up of this.

• Posted

Sugar, caffeine and alcohol are the worst triggers for me.

I've lost 5 lbs since I cut out sugar and almost all alcohol. No caffeine of any sort. I didn't want or like to do it but its a small price to pay for the misery of urge, frequency and burning.

Sad but true but its important to follow a pretty strict diet. Its gets easier as you go on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.