Anyone take Magnesium Gycinate for symptoms (anxiety)?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello

Just checking to see if anyone has taken Magnesium Glycinate .?

I've read it works for anxiety and other symptoms as well

Thank YOU

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hello and yes i take it for anxiety and heart palps it has really helped but everything is subjective try it you have nothing to lose!

• Posted

Here is the magnesium I take and it keeps my blood pressure in check (before my blood pressure was sky high :hormonal high blood pressure which is different from regular high blood pressure meaning it fluctuates with the female hormones, regular blood pressure stays high no matter what) It also keeps me calm and my heart calm with no paps! I'll type whats on my bottle I take 3 a day two at 4:00 PM and 1 at 11:00 PM I have been taking for a long time! It helps blood sugar as well and so many other things in the body.

**I take Mag Max it is combo of Magnesium Citrate - Magnesium Glycinate and PYRIDOXAL 5'-PHOSPHATE (Activated B-6)

This combo works great for all you mentioned and much more.

• Posted

can you buy this on Amazon? im in the U.S.

• Posted

im just about to buy it as read 80% of us are deficient .

• Posted

i too take magnesium. but i started it as i read that it helps with muscle aches, which i had for quite some time. don't know if it is helping, as i also take vit B complex and calcium with vit d3. and i do yoga and deep breathing as well. my anxiety level has reduced a lot, although, im still not quite comfortable when i see large crowds and closed spaces , even on tv! perhaps its bcoz of past experience and its just remnants of memory, which im hoping will completely go away once im in post menopause. 😃

• Posted

Yes I take it!! I have some in my calcium pill in the morning. And I night I take a magnesium pill for aches and I heard that it helps with sleep too. That's wonderful if it helps with anxiety-- I need all the help I can get.

• Posted

I don't know about that.. I don't have any problems in that area. I thought it was the iron that causes it Yes try another brand with magnesium.

• Posted

Rose... I also have huge issues with constipation Magnesium glycate doesn't have a laxative effect that the magnesium citrate can cause... but the glycate is the best for absorption by the body.

I tried the glycate but got pretty bad constipation wise again so went back to mag citrate and this defo has a laxative effect as it works brilliantly in helping me plus the absorption is pretty good too.

xxx

• Posted

I also can't tolerate iron due to constipation but have found a vitamin tablet with just 2mg iron in it, the magnesium citrate counteracts the iron side effects as i tried a few days with just the vitamin and no magnesium and was back to square 1 constipation wise! Plus i do think using both helps my energy...

• Posted

Well... something has! I'm defo coping better although its a subtle difference, but I also take b vitamins and I guess they may help too. x

• Posted

I took it for awhile, but I swear it gave me rebound palpitations.

• Posted

there are various forms of magnesium. eg glycinate, chloride, oxide, sulfate, malate, etc. i suppose its a good idea to find out which one is helpful for our particular symptoms. i read that magnesium glycinate form helps with insomnia and anxiety.

• Posted

Yes, I had read that the Glycinate is what many were saying had helped them through some tough peri symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.