Anyone take pregabalin and venlafaxine together?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have GAD and have been taking 300mg of pregabalin for the last two months. It has help a little but still extremely anxious. My next step is either to increase to 400mg or turn to venlafaxine.

Has anyone ever been on pregabalin and venlafaxine at the same time and did it work? Also what doses were you on?

Thanks,

Andy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy i take 300mg pregbalin & 225mg venlafaxine a day for my GAD early days yet but its working i've along way to go but i'm starting to feel less anxious i'd say its definitely worth a try x

• Posted

Hi Andy I take 75 venlafaxine and 300 pregab (150 BD). I was on 112.5 venlafaxine but reduced to 75 and defo feel more calmer. How you getting on?
    • Posted

Hi Jacko,

In the end I decided not to mix medications. I have had a lot of trouble with SSRI and SNRI drugs. They tend to make me feel very foggy. So just stayed with the pregabalin.

I'm doing better than I was.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Andy. That's good am glad your doing better. I do find the pregabalin makes me feel detached and spaced out. But it defo helps so going to stick with it. Wish one tablet lasted all day as well.

• Posted

Yes I am on 225 venlafaxine 150 pregablin and 100 Trazodone a day and anxiety is under control....thankgod x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.