anyone take prochlorperazine

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi has anyone taken this med for off balance and if so did it help need advice thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is used for nausea and vomiting as an anti-emetic. Is that what you are using it for?

• Posted

hi terry sorry should of said its for off balance feelings everyday for 12 months i'm also on propranolol

• Posted

I haven't used either but, have heard of propranolol helping with the balance issues caused by vestibular neuritis. Prochlorperizine is used to treat schizophrenia and all I have read is that it is used with vestibular issues to treat nausea. You must be in the UK as this drug is not used in the US as a treatment course. I have seen others on this forum talk about having used it. Not sure how well it works or what it's side effects are. One side effect that is listed is dizziness. Would seem counter productive to use it to treat dizziness without nausea. Just my thoughts.

• Posted

I have buccal prochloperazine for acute attacks but due to vomiting have never felt it helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.