Anyone taking 60mg Fluoxitine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was put on fluexitine a month ago...2 weeks on 20mg, 2 weeks on 40mg and now 3 days on 60mg and my anxiety has been huge during this whole process. Today is day 3 on 60mg and i have just taken a valium, which i have never taken before, because my whole body is on the edge of panic (tight muscles ect) has anyone else experienced this and did it go away?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I started 30 days on 10mg and now the last 15 on 20mg. The last couple days have been awful with extreme anxiety and a foggy head feeling, unable to sleep well, nausea. I can only imagine what you feel like on 60. It is known to cause a possible spike in anxiety as a startup side effect and I believe each time you up the dose it's like starting over, at least for me it has.
    • Posted

I am so hoping that this will pass. Today i am teary, very anxious and just laying in bed. Just a horrible day 3. Hope for both of us it gets better and very soon!!!!! Keep posting netminder
  • Posted

That's how I have been feeling for 6 weeks..I was on 20mg for 4 weeks and now on 40mg for 3 weeks. My anxiety is horrible...all I do is go to work and home...not ready to go anywhere else...i want this too work soon.
    • Posted

Apparently prozac takes forever to get into ur system..... awsome hey....meanwhile our functioning ability is totally minimal.

I am day 4 of 60mg.... yesterday and today have just been terrible....so depressed!!

• Posted

It better work for both of us Jesika.... after what weve had to go through!
    • Posted

I actually asked to go higher as apparently 60mg is better for OCD. My psychiatrist wanted me to stay at 40mg for 6 weeks and see how it went....I hink im really regretting it now as my anxiety and depression is huge day 4. See what tomorrow holds. I was previously on 60mg (highest dose) of ciprimal which worked really well...but effected my heart so had to stop taking it. Since then have tried Lexepro, zoloft and pristiq. Hopefully prozac works for me.
    • Posted

I hope it works for both of us....keep me posted on your progress.
    • Posted

Today is toletable...just ok...but better than miserable..
  • Posted

Day 4 of 60mg...huge anxiety...then huge depression....then window of ok.... all over the place.
    • Posted

how are you doing today? today i woke up with nerves on edge, panicky, im at work and cant concentrate, heavy head feeling, tense neck, cant breath feeling....i hate this...On day23 of upped dose of 40mg...i wonder when it will kick in?
    • Posted

Hi Jesika....mmmm im pretty much the same as u. I am pacing today unable to pretty much sit still. He dropped my dose yesterday back to 40mg as i was vomiting.... so not sure if i am on the edge of panic because of that and just need to settle into the 40mg dose again. But woke up anxious.... ready to run a marathon pretty much. Ive been on 20mg for 5 weeks now and 40mg for 3 weeks....would have thought that it would be getting a bit better by now...but still crazy anxious. Can sleep but at night, can hardly eat but.
    • Posted

I am not sure when it will kick in ...am actually starting to think its not going to....
    • Posted

oh gosh, im sorry to hear that. I think your right, i think your body needs to settle into the 40mg first, maybe 2 weeks wasnt enoug! i feel somewhat good today, cant complain, but then again i dont want to jump of joy as everyday is a new day. I dont have the courage to go anywhere just yet, i tried going to supermarket and omg, worst nightmare ever! so i know im not ready. for some reason coming to work is ok for me ...weird. today my finger keeps twitching a lot...freaking me out a little. im barely starting to get some sleep back in but i think it's because im doing lots of cardio to tire myself, and im eating a little more but im watching my weight now, as i lost 30llbs which is great for me so i want to keep them off. Well I wish you nothing but the best, keep me updated, and im always here if you wish to chat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.