Anyone taking fluoxetine (Prozac) for peri symptoms?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has it helped? If so, what symptoms has it helped?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My GYN prescribed Prozac for my hot flashes and mood swings because I did not want to go on HRT. I only took Prozac for a week, they did NOT agree with my system or chemistry. Instead of lessening my mood swings, they increased them! I couldn't eat, discovered what real depression felt like and was suicidal. It was the freakiest thing ever. I threw out the bottle, have hot flashes around the clock, eat like a pig and happy as heck.

• Posted

Wow jamie, That sounds scary. I've been taking wellbutrin XL for years and although my liver tests have always came back fine, it's always a concern. I was thinking maybe of trying prozac instead. I've read it's prescribed for pms and I've had a time with that all my life and peri is a lot like that. I take bhrt and that has helped a whole lot, I still think I might need a low dose of antideppressant. I was just  curious about others experience with Prozac. Thanks for replying! 

• Posted

Hi I have been on fluoxetine for a few years for mood

swings and I am having hot flushes and night sweats

And now thinking of going on to hrt so no it's not

helping me.

• Posted

Hi Tracy, I'm on hrt and wellbutrin xl for depression.I'd like to try a different ad because there are concerns about liver damage with wellbutrin. What dosage do you take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.