Anyone there who is cured from chronic bacterial prostitatis

Posted , 11 users are following.

is there is any person who is fully cured from cbp. with antibiotics?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

By definition, a case may be made that prostatitis is chronic by nature. But how chronic? That is key. I suffer from very occasional bouts of prostatitis. The condition, for me, is resolved by a regimen of sulfameth. Symptoms vanish the same day I start the drug -- which is very appreciated. But is it gone forever? I assume probably not. Too many opportunities for re-contamination. From lax hygiene to lax sexuality. Bugs are everywhere. Or so it seems.

Good luck.

• Posted

dr Whitaker prostate health is a good herbal for it.Or try something like that make sure it is real as this market is unregulated

• Posted

I have had chronic prostatitis for 25 years with no relief. I have been on countless rounds of antibiotics of all types. The best they do is help reduce the intensity of the pain and urgency when I have flareups. They never completely eliminated the pain and frequency. I have it constantly for 25 years.

Among the antibiotics that seem to work the best for me are the fluoroquinolones. However, I stopped taking them a long time ago after experience some bad side effects like achilles tendon pain and excessive floaters in my eyes while taking them.

Lately I have been taking doxycycline which only seems to work marginally.

I am in the middle of another flareup where I peed blood and through research discovered that fosfomycin is showing promise as a safer alternative to fluoroquinolones. However, there again the results are mixed. I found another article that said that fosfomycin combined with doxycyline seems to have resolved the issue for one patient. I am currently on that regimen. Time will tell if it works. Of course I am directing my own treatment because none of the urologists I consulted with even heard of fosfomycin. On the downside insurance doesn't seem to cover it because it is so expensive and there isn't a generic version. For prostatitis they recommend 7 sachet's taken once very three days. Each sache costs $100. I ended up buying it from canada where they charged $30 per sachet when you buy 7 at a time. You do need a prescription from your doctor though.

In any event I am scheduled to have Holep surgery in january. I should have done something much sooner. I would highly suggest that no one live with something like this for as long as I did before trying something more aggressive.

• Posted

Hi D, 69 yr old w BPH n infections also with bleeding. 2/3 per yr since 1983; since 2011 bleeding w infections ; 2015 cysto to remove bladder stones; 2017 peed bladder stones - 100's; 6/2019 ER due to retention-foley catherer 10 days; all these years DREs negative but uro said big prostate; Decided to go to JHopkins 2018 n 2019 PSA 6.3 n 6.0; CT scan at JH shows P at 200ml size - Dr recommended Simple Prostatmecy surgery - not there yet! on silodosin daily since june n these last 2 months battleing infection w blood; was on Doxcyl- switched to Bactrim 5 days ago n no bleeding for 3 days now ; Oh what to do-not a fan of surgery- but these infections w blood is getting to me .

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Looks like you have been dealing with this 10 years longer than me. I think you are way overdue for something invasive at this point. Personally I would have done something years ago myself. Back then I probably would have gone with simple prostatectomy. The damage caused by long term antibiotic use in my opinion outweighs risks of surgery. However, I would try to find someone in your area that is experienced in Holep because it is less invasive and I understand it can treat large prostates.

Good luck.

• Posted

Dantec,

I posted this same information in another discussion. A couple months ago I had a UTI, probably due to self catheterization, while traveling for a week. While traveling, sometimes I cannot keep up the same level of cleanliness, as I can at home. A doctor prescribed a 10 day course of Bactrim which knocked out the infection. While I was taking the Bactrim, I also took a biofilm disruptor and some Serrapeptase. Both of those are enzymes which help dissolve biofilm. Biofilms protect the bacteria from antibiotics. After both of those I am in better shape than I have been in years, peeing almost normal. My post void residuals went from 300mL to 150mL as measured by self cath. During this whole time before and after the Bactrim I have also been taking 0.4mg Flomax. I was also taking about 1 gram per day of Dmannose (a pleasant tasting sugar) during the whole time. Ecoli and other bad bacteria attach to Dmannose and get flushed out with the urine.

Look up info on the internet about biofilm disruptors, Serrapeptase, and Dmannose. If you PM me I will send you the name of the brands I use. These are considered supplements and are not regulated by the government, so be careful about the brands you buy.

Good luck,

Thomas

• Posted

i would be interested in the brand you use - chronic infections with bleeding here too...

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply but I am very familiar with biofilms, serrapeptase, d-mannose and just about everything else there is to know about uti's, prostatitis, supplements for them, pelvic floor therapy, meditation, etc. I have tried them all over the past 25 years and nothing works to any noticable degree for me.

The things that work a little bit for me are:

super saw palmetto 360mg/day

pygeum africanum

quercetin

internal self pelvic floor massage

flomax

• Posted

I can vouch for the efficacy of fosfomycin - take a 3g sachet every 48 hours for a week or two helps. Being concerned about the overuse of antibiotics I have recently started taking a sublingual vaccine called Uromune, which I highly recommend and has reduced recurring prostate/bladder infections by more than 80%.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of uromune before. Did you get your insurance company to pay for the fosfomycin? What about uromune? If so, what insurance company do you have?

thanks

• Posted

I get a script for fosfomycin from my Dr, but also buy over the counter when I visit Eastern Europe. As for Uromune, my urologist hadnt even heard of it so I contacted the manufacturer directly. They asked for a script from my Dr plus copies of spermiogram and urinanalysis reports because they make the vaccine using the same bacteria that are causing the infections. It takes about one month to manufacture and a course lasts 3 months. My insurance wouldnt cover the cost as its not on their list so I paid myself. Depending on where you are a 3 month supply costs €350 - €600.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.