Anyone thinking ahead to winter?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Was just thinking that while the weather is nice it's easy to eat salad and light meals, but what do you plan on eating thru the winter when everyone else in the family wants stodgy comfort food, ?

And also how do you plan to keep your water intake high, I didn't ever drink a lot of water I would happily sink 12 cups of coffee a day tho, how am I gonna fancy a couple of litres of cold water rolleyes

Shelagh x 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good point, ive never thought that far, my sis makes leek n potato soup so i can freeze a few pots ov that, im probably guna live on microwave slimmers meals lol xxx
  • Posted

Hi there Shelagh smile

I was just thinking about this earlier. I will make a variety of soups. Curried butternut squash was a favourite of mine last time I dieted. X

• Posted

This is my concern too as I love roasts followed by a hot dessert

I cant eat soup without lashings of bread!

I think im gonna have to go more vege wuth quorn which seams to be bearable with lots of fresh herbs for flavour. Alot less fat than actual meat.also lean chicken breast cooked in a variety of ways.

fish? I personally dont like our choices here so dont eat it unless im on holiday with more options and fresher.

I have 3 stone to loose so I hope to be off tablets by December and then maintain a lower fat diet and keep up the exercise - heres hoping! Xmas is banned lol

• Posted

I drink loads of coffee even now. I won't be on them in the winter. i was last year and it was fine i even came off them for Xmas and never ate one single treat over xmas i still ate within the rules! i think once you haven't eaten crap for so long you just don't want to eat like that ever again.

Make curries stews soups casseroles etc

i drink that much water because i love water i don't like the nightly toilet trips though! drinking an extra 2ltrs at 9pm is not that much of a good idea!

X

• Posted

i love alad all year around- maybe i'm just weird.

Hot desserts- loads of cakes are 5g or under serve with hot custard X

hot rice pudding is very low

x

• Posted

Hello there Shelagh :-)

Personally I try not to think that far ahead, but having said that there are lots of comforting foods you can have, just not huge portions. I intend to make lots of soups with chunky vegetables to keep the winter out!

Not sure how I am going to feel about drinking the same amount of water come winter, but it is going to have to be done and its a small price to pay for my health :-)

Since I have been taking Orilstat my views on eating have changed dramatically, I am even starting to have less of a craving for mayonnaise now, which was a bad habit anyway!

Dont worry too far ahead hun, winter will just slide into place slowly without you knowing it and you will be just fine because you have us guys in the forum.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Ive just cooked venison casserole - was lovely albeit quite pricey

venison from sainsburys 2.9g per 100g (100g of meat is a big portion for me, I weighed it out to see what my normal portion is)

Onion, garlic & diced carrot

1/3 bottle red wine

1/2 tub of 0% creme freish

I had it with veg and 2 small new potatoes

I'll be cooking it again for sure

• Posted

Hi,

It you follow the slimming world diet they have got a lot of lowfat hearty stews and soups and well as other comfort foods.

Deliax

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.