Anyone thought of tattooing their scar and if so what design?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just had an idle thought - has anyone thought of tattooing their scar and if so what design?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi! had my hip AUG 2018 and so far al's well. however I wouldn't fancy tattooing my scar just yet as it is still quite tender and tingly at times.

Maybe in time, have a long snake along the scar, mine is about 10inches long!

let us know how, what and if you do it!

PAT

• Posted

I am considering having my scars tattooed but first of all I've got to lose a load of weight. Which I've really got to do to as soon as possible because my surgeon said that owing to my age (in my 50s), I will have to have revisions done, so I want to enjoy my tats for as long as possible!

• Posted

i never thought of tattooing . its a novel idea ... anything from a-z. what would you put there? i was thinking of maybe a landing strip for airplanes or a diagram of the metal component, or zebra stripes.....the scars seem to disappear in time. then my next thought would be to be sure no metals are included in the tattooing medium as that can be a problem if a MRI is needed in the future. can cause burns.

• Posted

I've had some ideas

rose with a long stem

a long, winding road leading to a sunset

the yellow brick road

snake (this one isn't for me, I don't like snakes [shudders])

Celtic knots

steps

anyone got other ideas?

• Posted

Ouch! Sorry not a fan of tattoos, scars fade tattoos are there for life. Never understood the obsession of disfiguring the one and only body we have. 🙄

• Posted

I thought about it, was gonna be some kind of floral tattoo. Never got round to it and so glad I didn't as 12 years on from having my hip done in needing it done again. Can you imagine the state my tattoo would be in 🤦‍♀️ not to mention the money wasted lol xx

• Posted

Hmm I suppose but I'd hate to think of the mess it would be after my next one. First scar was 12 "

• Edited

I'm thinking about getting this. my scar is about 10 inches or so. i want 3 roses though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.