Anyone transitioning into menopause have extreme anger for no reason?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know why I just feel so angry and I don't know why!!! Is this another hormone transition?? There has been so many the health anxiety seems better now this angry thing... What is wrong with me Im like a mad women..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes!!!!! I am in late stage perimenopause, and my anger feels totally out of control! I have never been an angry person, so this is very strange for me. I sometimes feel like I have a wild animal inside of me, and I get this urge to want to break plates, or smash glass or anything to just dissipate the anger even a little. I don't have it constantly, but when it is here, it is severe and debilitating. It seems that the closer I get to menopause, the worse it has gotten.

Sadly, what you are going through is normal:(

I keep telling myself that this is a massive transition, and, one day, I will be through it and be back to the woman I know and love.

Big hugs,

Bev xo

• Posted

same here.... i have never had such a problem with anger but i can go from 1 to 10000 in a second. usually over little things to. my poor husband he has no idea what to do besides say hes sorry.

• Posted

At least he says sorry cissy,,, my husband just doesn't get it but Im going through the peri kinda late as I am going to be 55 and this has been going on for along 8 years like you to and Bev most of us come to this forum for the severity of our symptoms,,, you guys have my back!!! but was trying to figure out when u start to go into meno what hormone could be responsible for this was kinda thinking testosterone because the others are going away,,, almost like an angry ragging young guy sometimes the anger boils and boils inside me and I think forget all you people... And I am so angry inside!!! never had this so far.... on the other hand I have been much calmer in general the peri anxiety has kinda subsided,, I had that for about 7 years!!! Ive still only missed like 4 periods this year but the rest are very light!!! hugs to you both.❤❤❤

• Posted

lol...not that it's a laughing matter...just that I can relate! I went through this late last year. I joked (kind of) but I was getting mad at even the stupidest stuff. I started sweating and getting furious at someone giving a stupid answer on a game show!! How funny is that? I'm kind of over that bump and now onto more heart-racing, sleep disrupting hot flashes which in turn make me crabby.

I have only had 2 periods within the past year...I'm now 6 months without a period. Had one late last Nov and one in early March. I can't say I feel too well right now 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.