Anyone treated bv without antibiotics?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had bv in the past but always put on metronidazole for 10 days. I'm wondering if anyone got rid of symptoms by changing diet and doing apple cider vinegar baths or using tea tree essential oil ect. If so I'd love to hear what you did and how long it takes to get back to normal. Thank you!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you can treat BV successfully with raw organic honey. I posted this reply to someone else just a few minutes ago: “I will tell you what I’ve been telling everyone: Raw organic honey works for BV. Insert a small amount on the tip of your finger, once in the morning and again at night before bed. Use a panty liner to catch the honey when it seeps back out. (Enough will remain inside to do its work.) Honey is very effective at restoring the natural balance of vaginal flora, has no side effects and is relatively east to use.” I discovered this remedy after 2 years of BV—and was symptom free within a day of starting the honey treatment. I want to add that there is a lot of natural advice (about honey, vinegar and other remedies) at a site called Whole Woman Village Forum. (My comment may get flagged if I include the link, so just Google it.)
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply Frieda! I will try the honey. I looked at the site earlier and it was helpful as well!
    • Posted

I’m 6 1/2 months pregnant and I got the BV from being pregnant my first time catching it. I took the antibiotics and I didn’t do nothing. Can I use honey while I’m pregnant 
  • Posted

You’re welcome, Brooke. I’ve learned that many women have BV, and after a lot of research I have found that antibiotics rarely cure it. (Antibiotics are much less effective for most bacterial infections nowadays because of overuse.) I wish more women would give honey a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.