Anyone tried accupuncture for anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had some treatment yesterday! My accupuncturist doesn't seem to understnad why I am anxious ! Well neither am I.....all I know is that it all started prior to telling someone I had strong feelings for them. It was the most scariest thing I'd EVER done and 2 weeks prior to this I got massive panic attacks , they seemed to remain even after I told this person. Anyhow , yesterday I was real nervous getting accupuncture so I had some tingly anxiety sensations. I know I was meant to relax and I tried as best as I could and tried breathing! I am yet to be prescribed herbs as well. I kind of knew I prb wouldn't sleep though despite having accupuncture. Took a sleeping tab as usual and woke up with same symptoms. - achinf back, tummy nauseous . I feel sick all day despite not having any major attack. I do try be positive but then it's like I still feel weird rolleyes I'm really over this! Idk what else to do ........When I woke up my tonsils were okay and not choking me untill I got up and I guess started to worry again

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I haven't tried accupuncture but if it works, it works. I'm currently taking medications and using deep breathing techniques that seem to help.

?Telling someone how you feel about them can be a very stressful and anxious time. Panic attacks are the worst and seem to control every part of your body.

?You should feel proud that you had the courage to tell someone how you feel. It takes guts. Not knowing how that person is going to react or say is enough to cause anxiety.

?I too have been feeling poorly. Not wanting to eat, just feeling miserable. I have been doing some deep breathing that many on this forum suggested as well as my psychologist. One fellow forum gal found some techniques on youtube. It teaches you to breathe through the belly and not your chest. You should check it out.

?Are you taking medications or our you doing the holistic approach? I have been drinking Kava and chamomille tea in addition to my meds.

?I don't know if what I am saying is helping or not but all I can sa is that everything will be alright. I'm in the middle of this anxiety thing and I'm surviving and you will to.

?Keep posting here. There's a lot of support for you. I find a tremendous amount of peace when I come online.

?Hang in there. Look up those breathing techniques and give them a try. I know at first they seem silly but be committed to them.

?Sending you positive vibes and wishing you well. Take care.

• Posted

Hi!! Thansk for all your amazing support! Thanks, I do feel glad that I summond up the courage to tell this person! I thought it would have been all over after telling them but sadly I was left with anxiety....I am taking A LOT of natural medication which I guess helps to some degree. I try breathing but then give up because the fear seems to take over so I think what's the point....rolleyes I have had kava in the past that didn't seem to do much , prob because I was already adreanal fatigued to the max ! Feel embarrased constantly going to practioners too! It's like I feel real bad when I go back and I am no better and I think they would wonder what's wrong with my head and/or why their treatment isn't working?! You know. I just think I should stop altogether but im afraid I'd barely be able to function without some means of treatment... 

• Posted

An acupuncturist doesn't need to know why you are anxious. not part of their training...they are not psychologists. What kind of licenses does this person have?  If they are prescribing herbs, be sure to check with your doctor before taking...especially if you are even on one drug!!!!!!!!!

What kind of licenses does this person have, Amba? He/she should have been able to relax you to some degree fairly quickly by finding your "hot" zones.

• Posted

Hi cia! Thanks for your suport yet again! smile Yes they are a top accupuncturist ! HJighly recommend and he has his own website with amazing testimonials from a significant amount of people. He is one of the best I have been told smile I am not on any drugs currently, just a lot of natural remedies and I rarely eat sugar, never drink or smoke. 

• Posted

Thank you for answering. It seems you have done your homework. Well done, Amba. Whoever prescribes herbs, make sure they know all you are using. Hooray for you for a good diet, and do remember to stay well hydrated. I know we will all look forward to hearing how this goes, Sweetheart. I am very proud of you.
    • Posted

hmm yup! I don't eat much, hate food lol! Usually just drink liquids or protein shakes! Yes I will ask him what's in it! I am pretty sure he knows what he's doing though as he did an evaluation of my body over all and was quite shocked with my state and weight ..........Made me feel bad but at least he knows what to work on, eg- Spleen, Kidneys etc...

• Posted

Hi amba,

I've struggled with anxiety for years and i thought it was under control until 2wks ago when it started to get really bad again.

I take meds and the doctor has prescribed me beta blockers on top.

I have no idea what I'm anxious about this time to start it all up. Everyone keeps asking me and when I say I don't know it's like I'm hiding it from them.

Anyway after really feeling low I've looked into acupuncture. I'm willing to try anything.

Would U recommend it, has it made any difference?

Keep going, you'll get through this x

• Posted

Hi Helen, so sorry you have suffered like this for so long!! I have only had one session but I have read really good results for people suffering GAD and panic disorder. I know it helps balance organs which in hand go with anxiety or either trigger anxiety. I know accupuncture can help an array of things like depression, addiction, insomnia, musculoskeletal problems allergies , anxiety and the list goes on! I think you need to find a reputable one in your area as some are not very good at what they do . I'll let u know how it goes for me! ! smile x Keep strong and carry on is what I like to say smile

• Posted

are you afraid of needles and can't relax? Maybe you should try to relax first then go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.