Anyone tried adalimumab ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive recently been to see a dermatologist who has referred me as a good candidate for adalimumab , has anyone else tried this and if so what effect has it had on the hidradanitis and any side effects ? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey anne,

If Humira is what you are talking about, which i believe you are because adalimumab is the doctor term for it, then I am here to tell ya it is a miracle drug. I dealt with HS ever since I was 11, I am now 21. However, before starting Humira last year I had at least one flare up every year since 11, multiple surgeries and injections, as well as other attempted treatments. Nothing has worked better than Humira. *Knock on wood* This has been the first whole year that I have not had one flare up and I have had very minimal side effects. I get stuffy noses pretty commonly due to the drug downing your immune system but that can be the only one I can think of. I hope this helps, I highly recommend if you really want to tackle the nasty HS!

• Posted

Hi Matt 

thanks for the reply and and insight as to how humira can work for this , I'm a little worried about the side effects , but if it works then that's a risk worth taking , I'm so pleased to be put forward for it as I know it's very expensive. I'm glad it worked for you 

• Posted

Ps does it stop all the leaking etc ? 
  • Posted

I was worried about the side effects as well. That was the only problem from not doing it but I took the risk and it has paid off ever since. Only side effect i deal with is a week of a stuffy nose or cough but nothing crazy. Humira is the cure for HS and I am sure it will stop those leaks. It is the miracle drug I never thought it would have helped me the way it has.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.