Anyone tried Buspar for anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Ive been taking Buspar for a week now.

OMG, I feel so bad.  ive got a bad tummy and feel 20 times more anxious than ever.

My psychiatrist said it takes about 4 weeks to feel better if it works but after one week i feel terrible.

x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey babe, just stick it out with the anxiety and tell yourself it gets worse before it gets better.. side effects should calm down after 1 week two weeks max so try stick it out before quitting it, keep posting here until then x
    • Posted

Thank you xx

Im just feeling on the point of collapse - I feel so bad.

I didnt think I could feel any worse xx

• Posted

No worries! Maybe go back to your GP? If your anxiety is bad about how you're feeling this could be contributing to the feeling as well. Most side effects should have settled down by now, maybe go to the doctor to check up on everything just to be on the safe side! I started lexapro and the first night of it got a rash and was SO hot I almost called an ambulance.. this settled in a week but it was hell. It always is a bit sh*tty before it gets better, just hormones out of whack until your body adjusts x

• Posted

Hi

My problem is Im seeing a private psychiatrist which costs £320 an hour!

I know Im sensitive to meds and hate taking them.

She said to me they are slow to start working-usually takes 4 weeks, so I know somethins is happening as my tummy is bad!

People say you feel worse before you feel better so I don't know.

Im really anxious about tkaing meds so maybe this is making me feel worse too.

Thank you for replying tho - it's much appreciated.

Anyway, enough about me, how are you? xx

• Posted

Hi Lizzie is me when i started on sertertine i felt wores i had bad upset stomach for the first week as the time goes by you will feel better i did xx
  • Posted

I did long ago i loved it.

Takes a long time to kick in. Id say easy 6 weeks..But was easy to handle and very very easy to wean off off. Its good for GAD. I had no side  effects from this medicine either. I used it about a year and weaned off quite easily. I couldn't take any if the meds for anxiety anymore do to other conditions, but i did love it and was pleased. Panic attacks are different..xanax as needed when you cant calm one down but you know if you keeo the anxiety leveled hooefully it doesnt even escalate. Use therapy in conjunction with it. Meds are crutches not cures. It did make a difference though.

• Posted

I have issues with cyp450 slow metabolizer (thats an actual test for people who are sensitive to meds) this medicine was perfect for me.
    • Posted

Hello Lisa

Ooo that's interesting.

Did you feel bad initially?

Does Buspar work well for you?

Ive read that most people think it doesnt works so if that is the case, I dont understand why Ive been prescribed it.

xx

• Posted

It worked for me but it took time. Really a while not fast at all.  You are feeling the anxiety disorder. You cant expect to take a pill and a week later all is well. Thats a lot to expect. Many ssris heighten anxiety for three weeks then first begin to regulate you until week six when they maybe work. 
  • Posted

Just started taking them today and the feeling sucks!! I feel nausea, light headed, and weak. How long til it kicks in?
  • Posted

Hello! Just found your post. I know its old but just wondering how u r doing on the BuSpar now? I just completed my first week and Im feeling terrible. Anxiety is worse, crying, nonfunctional, intrusive thoughts, feel like I would love to jump out of my skin 😧 I was really very hopeful for this. Wondering how long I should stick it out.

• Posted

Hi Regina, just wanted to see how you're getting on with Buspar? I'm 8 days in and feel exactly the same as you...  Hoping you got better! 

• Posted

Hi Dee,

I saw my Dr last week and he wants me to continue the Buspar, says to give it time. So I did some research and found that Seroquel may b a good option for me and he wrote for it. So after only 3 days on Seroquel I noticed a difference! Im a lot better now. Hopefully u start to feel better soon too 😉

• Posted

Hi Regina!

Thanks for the reply - so glad you're feeling better! Are you using the seroquel to get through the Buspar start up, or kicked the Buspar? I used seroquel for a while it def helps! You just taking at night? 

• Posted

Thanks! Im actually going to continue the Buspar twice a day along with the Seroquel at night and Wellbutrin in the morning. Hoping and praying I continue to feel better. Its either this combo or Latuda which I definitely cant afford. Are u doing any better with the Buspar now?
    • Posted

That's great news! I'm sure you will smile  I'm on Mertazipine which has just been upped tonight to 30, and Buspar 2x10 daily with diazepam twice daily to try help with the start up. 8 days and still super jittery and anxious, and heart pounding... Did you get that? If the seroquel is helping you I might get my doc to put me back on it!! 🙏🏼  Diazepam doesn't really help much... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.