Anyone tried Emuaid cream for Celulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got what im pretty sure is Cellulitis on my foot, and think i was bitten by something. Gp diagnosed athletes foot on Tuesday 3 days ago, been applying Dakacort cream but not helping much, painful to walk and i dont think it is athletes foot as very red and swollen. Only area thats typical athletes foot is in between little toe. Any one tried using Emuaid cream and found it to clear it up, its not cheap so dont want to waste my money. I dont fancy taking antibiotics though ive read Cellulitis can be fatal, is this true?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mmm - interesting...I had an itchy patch on my little toe and thought it was athletes foot...got over the counter cream and developed a very red and swollen lower leg after using cream ...looked up symptoms and it said likely cause 'cellulitis'....so I'd stop using the cream if I were you and go back to docs...not sure about condition being fatal though.....need to look that up...x

• Posted

Well looked it up and found this What is cellulitis? Cellulitis is a bacterial infection that affects deep layers of the skin. It can appear as topical redness and be accompanied by swelling and tenderness. It spreads rapidly and if it suspected, a physician should be consulted immediately. This is because cellulitis can spread quickly and can become dangerous.

Now im itching on my arms? My little toe is swollen as well, friends are telling me i need urgent care and now, Great i dont drive and hubby has gone to bed!image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.