Anyone tried Flexiseq for OA?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm in an arthritis support group (very useful for info and support) and I heard about Flexiseq for OA relief. Has anyone tried it? I know it's not available on prescription and it's about £16 per tube.

Any info gratefully received. Thanks

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of it and looked at the reviews on Amazon, they go from one star to five stars so very mixed.  The mixed reviews and the price put me off.  I use Pernaton Gel from Holland and Barrett (buy when it's on offer) and my GP also prescribes Peroxicam gel.
    • Posted

Thank you. Which works best for you, the Pernaton or the Peroxicam?
    • Posted

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that any creams/gels work brilliantly, but the Perrnaton is very soothing to use.  It has a mild warming effect but not like deep heat.  The Peroxicam seems to help a little too.  I can't use Ibuprofen because of other health problems but it is an anti inflammatory.  I hope you find something to help your pain Martha x
  • Posted

hi I too have heard of it, it seems to be something that can work if used regularly as there are mixed reviews I think some people don't give it enough time. I am using flexacil Ultra it took a couple of months to work though, but I have definitely noticed a difference ;-)
    • Posted

Hi. Is the Flexacil Ultra over the counter or on prescription?

On things I've read it seems you really need to give these things 2 or 3 months.

• Posted

not sure if you can get over the counter.  I've always got it from Amazon and stuck to the maximum dose of 3, 3 bottles cost about £22, 180 tablets in total.
  • Posted

My sister tried it ....but to no affect I`m afraid...
    • Posted

Thanks Linda. Any idea how long she tried it for? That seems to be crucial.
  • Posted

I had a sample and tried it and it was OK.  At the same time I had a sample of Biofreeze, and thought that worked slightly better.  The Biofreeze is available on Amazon for about £7.  I have not checked if you can buy Flexiseq on Amazon.  May be worth looking.

I have been asking a question too about what pain relief and supplements help with OA pain. 

• Posted

If you google    Flexiseq NICE      look for a youtube video with a dr who was a NICE advisor talking about flexiseq. It looks like its very important how and where you apply it and don't apply it to the bone and make sure you let it dry or use a hair dryer!
    • Posted

Thanks. I read an article which said the application and drying time were important. I'll watch the video and report back if I'm doing it right! I've only used about half a tube so far, that's on my lower back which is quite a difficuklt place to apply it - living on my own as I do!! 
    • Posted

I watched a TV programme recently about these rubs, and the opinion was that they do not sink below the surface of the skin and therefore don't really help with inflammation.  My doctor prescribed Ibuprofen gel once, and as you say these gels are soothing for a while, but do not really have any effect on the pain. 
    • Posted

Are you finding the Flexiseq helping with your pain?  I live alone too, and find it difficult to apply gels to my back. 
    • Posted

If you watch the video about flexiseq it stresses that you should only use it when you can apply it properly so on the back means it not really suitable for you. I also spoke with a friend who is a pharmacist and he reminded me that gels like voltarol do have clinical studies to back up their effectiveness. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.