Anyone Tried Heated Massage Pads? They Seem to Help Me..

Posted , 5 users are following.

This item has heat and massages. Feels awesome on my FS! 

Received as a gift from a family member off of a home shopping tv show. It's a heated neck & shoulder massager.  I think it's helped the pain a little today. Maybe this will help someone else. 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PS. It was only around $49. I think it's Sunbeam.  "Massaging XL  Heat Therapy Neck & Shoulder Wrap". 

• Posted

I saw those did you get any?

There is a special therapy catalog online. Has many types of gel shaped for shoulders. Necks, backs, elbow. They microwave or cool in freezer. Velcro fastener . Some days especially winter I walk around like the Michelin tire man with one on each joint. I have had mine for years . They never wear out.

Hope xxx

• Posted

LOL I can relate to walking around like the Michelin man! haha.

The Sunbeam back neck massager/heat pad makes me look a little like a turtle, but works GREAT! (At least my my stage of this stupid FS.)  Noticed some of that nasty tension in my neck isn't as intense. All our muscles in upper body are pretty tense and out of wack from the FS I bet. 

I am so happy when we can post things here that might help others. It's so scary when you are new to FS.  This forum and all the kind people here helped me. 

• Posted

Funny that you should post this...I was just thinking of starting a thread about heat vs. ice. When I went to PT, I was surprised when he told me I should ice my shoulder as it seemed to feel so good to let hot water run over it in the shower! Anyway, he stated that since FS is inflammation, ice should be used. So I did. Then I went to see an acupuncturist and he told me, heat on the shoulder 2x's a day for 20 minutes. He feels that for acute injury, yes, ice is good, but for prolonged chronic stiffness/pain, heat is recommended. So, YES, now I am using a heating pad

and also have a neck roll that I can heat in the microwave that feels good too. I don't have any massaging action with mine, but I can imagine that it would feel good. Part of my discomfort seems to come not from the shoulder itself, but from the other muscles that are working overtime to compensate. When I had back pain this winter, warm whirlpool baths with epsom salts were really soothing too!

Glad you found some pain relief!!!

• Posted

I'm with you on the epsom salts and hot baths! One of the only things that has helped me at all is sitting in a hot tub with epsom salts and dipping a towel in the water and draping over the shoulder.. 

You should post someting about heat vs cold. Some of the newer people are probably as confused as we were. Good idea!

(My experience, cold helped at first, but the heat helped after about five months or so.)

I am LIVING under this heat pad/massager. I was hopping someone else might find some help from it. It's the little things for all of us right now!

15 months into this, I am so ready to move on, as we all are I have no doubt! 

Glad you found some relief too. 

• Posted

I found that heat was good for the achey kind of pain, but ice was good for the burning kind of pain. 
  • Posted

I found that both hest and ice helped. Whenever the pain was st it's worse took many hot showers too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.