ANYONE TRIED ROACCUTANE??

Posted , 5 users are following.

HAD AN OPERATION TO REMOVE 2 ABCESSES FROM MY GROIN IN OCTOBER AND JUST HAD FURTHER SURGERY TODAY TO REMOVE 2 FROM MY BREAST.. BEEN ADVISED BY CONSULTANT THEY WANT ME TO TRY ROACCUTANE HAVING RECEIVED AROUND 30 OR SO OPERATIONS I AM QUITE HAPPY TO GIVE ANYTHING A TRY TO KEEP THIS NASTY CONDITION AT BAY.. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have not personally but i have read a few people have in some of the other experiences. have a look through a couple.

xx

• Posted

Hi Karen, I was put on Roaccutane a couple of months ago as had a terrible flare up! It does have side effects like all drugs and dries your skin and lips up. However I read on this forum about using Turmeric and have been taking this alongside the medication at first. After only a week or two all my lumps had gone down and no weeping of sites! Wonderful! I then cut my roaccutane down to half the dose and all was well. Now I have stoped taking the roaccutane altogether and trying just the Turmeric to see if this will manage the condition? I do recommend Turmeric it is a brilliant remedy for various ailment's and has been used for 2500 years! Google Turmeric for info. 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric in warm water, ugh tastes horrid but it's worth it! You can buy Turmeric capsules in Holland & Barrett. Please do give it a go! Many Blessings.x
  • Posted

Please be careful though with Roaccutane. I was on Roaccutane for spots on my face. I also have HS and while I was on Roaccutane, the first 3 months were fine and then the last month the HS exploded. I was in more agony than usual (which is saying a lot since I was on Roaccutane and it made me really achy). Since finishing the drugs, my dermo put me back on normal antibiotics with some dermo500 soap with no improvement but back to the hospital soon to try the next type of meds.
  • Posted

Did you try the Roaccutane? I was just diagnosed a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if the HS is going to get better or be around forever? The steroid shots are helping with the flare ups but its still very painful and I feel like on edge every month if its going to come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.