Anyone try colonic irrigation for constipation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I still get them ,4 times a year, too bad not covered by insurance, cost is $75 per session.

I'm going to be taking class to become a colonic therapist soon

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes.  While I always use a large soap suds enema, which never fails to give me a good cleaning, for really bad cases of constipation, I'll repeat the enema, and if after that, if I have any suspicion there's anything left up there, then I go in for a colonic to be sure I'm totally empty.  The home enemas are free and don't need to be booked in advance and are adequate, really, but after serious constipation I really am happier knowing that everything is gone.

Best of luck with your classes!

• Posted

Do you use fleet or bag enemas,

U got weekly fleet enemas from my step mom ages ,13 to 19,,I had bad constipation in my teens

• Posted

As I wrote, a "large soap suds enema".  I have an enema bag bigger than I can take all of (one gallon) and I add castle soap, fill it, and take as much as I can.

My opinion of fleet enemas is that they, like the proliferation of laxatives, are big pharma's successful attempt to cash in on modern society's constipation epidemic, and that they are nearly useless.  Only the large volume enemas give serious relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.