Anyone try the Paleo diet to lower blood pressure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

looking for a good diet plan to lower blood pressure. Have you had any success on such a diet program?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ecpool - From what my Dr has told me, the one and only thing that will help you is to lose weight.

After many years of dietian's and not alot of success I have finally been lucky enough to find a really good dietian, she has given me charts for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with little postage stamp size pictures of what I should be eating and how much, even charts for in between snacking, and occasional treat, Amazing for me it has worked, need to get motivated again and pick it up again and start following it.

I lost about 10 kilos with my first try at the diet, have since lost my way a little, but need to put the charts up again and start following them.

• Posted

Congrats on losing 10 kilos! It takes a lot of will power to do that. I really don't think I need to lose weight but I'm sure a little would help. I am a male 5' 8"  72 kilos. I think a dietician is a great idea because everyone is different and they can customize a plan to fit you.

• Posted

Ecpool - in your case forget about losing weight, you sound as if you are a good weight for your height.

What about stress, that can make your blood pressure rise, or anxiety.

Have you though about some natural blood pressure lowering medications, if I remember rasberry leaf tea, or maybe blackberry leaf tea helps.

I know Fish Oil does, I take that for arthritis, and it mentions on and side of the bottle that it can lower blood pressure, and you must work with Dr if you are taking blood pressure medication.

I know my blood pressure can be crazy high if i am in pain, over the years I have had agruments with Dr's about my blood pressure.

Take away the pain and my blood pressure will be normal, no they tell me it will not make a difference.

Eventually after much begging the pain killers given and blood pressure back to normal, comments afterwards, you don't fit the textbook.

NO I DON'T, and I know it.

No will power for diet, but I can follow a chart, old bank teller here, no computers or calculators to do the job for me, balancing the till every day, and then balancing the whole branch.

• Posted

I take Cod Liver Oil over fish oil.  Fish oil is just basically the entire fish ground up, both good and bad parts, while Cod Liver Oil is  just from the liver of a codfish.
  • Posted

The DASH diet is highly re c ommended. It can be found on the internet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.