Anyone try the ROM once a month antibiotic treatment for GA?

Posted , 25 users are following.

I went back to my dermatologist today and she said that a lot of her patients with GA have had positive results with taking 3 different antibiotics at one time once month for 3 months. Anyone else try this yet? Its called ROM Therapy.I'll keep you all posted...

0 likes, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Antibiotics will destroy your immune system. Why strip your natural bacteria and make yourself unresponsive to any nessessary antibiotic treatment when you really need it in a life/death situation? GA goes and stays away for many months, even years but then comes back again with force, elsewhere on the body, any shock ie trauma, pregnancy can do this, so don't be fooled into believing it has gone.

• Posted

What kind of anabiotic's will destroy your body? What is the combination that you are speaking about? I'm currently on monthly steroid and injections because I have 13 herniated disc in my neck and my back so I have not gone to my dermatologist in over five years because I know I can't get steroid injections anymore and the pills they were given they didn't do anything so if you could give me more information on the anabiotic's that you are referring to would be greatly helpful. I'm trying to gather as much information so that I can muster up the Courage to go back to my stupid dermatologist so he can insult me again and tell me I'm the worst case he's ever seen and I'm the worst cases ever read about but he's not doing a damn thing to help me so now I have to help myself and take suggestions to him. All my love Roberta from Georgia

• Posted

The reason many doctors won't do this is because antibiotics kill all bacteria without any discrimination.  That means they kill the good bacteria in your gut along with the bad.  That is why they are harmful to your immune system.  

Also, IMO, the reason this treatment works has nothing to do with bacteria and has to do with reduced inflammation.  The antibiotics probably kill just enough bacteria in general to reduce systemic inflammation.  But, there are other things you could try to reduce inflammation.  For example, fasting, or a strict whole foods elimination diet.  

Why pay for an expensive treatment that is going to have side effects before trying something free?  

• Posted

By the way, if you want more information about an elimination diet or fasting you can message me.  This forum doesn't like it when you name specific protocols, but I have many things I've tried and I know what's worked for me.  

• Posted

My derm wouldn't prescribe it. I have read the studies where it has been (Europe) used with pretty good success. I'm going to be going to a Derm at the University of Iowa. I'm hoping he will prescribe it. I'll be anxious to hear how you do!

• Posted

Why won't your doctor prescribe that that would be my question back to him. If it's been successful in your app what is his opposition to the treatment? Where do you live I live in Georgia I am just trying to collect information so that I can take this potential suggestion to my physician thank you for your time and

all my love Roberta from Georgia

• Posted

I have just taken my 2nd dose of ROM. I am not sure what the response is supposed to be but several of my "lesions" seem like they are drying up. I hope this is a good sign. If anyone else has had a positive response to ROM please let us know. Thanks!

• Posted

I did three doses of ROM starting last November, ending in January. Then I did nothing. But by March the rashes or lesions whatever you call the spots were almost gone. Now they are not completely gone but really not noticeable, except of course to me! It worked really well! I would like to do another round but my Dr is hesitant. If not totally faded by end of Summer I might see if he'll do another round. But honestly it's all good. I hope this helps!

• Posted

How expensive are the treatments? What are the procedures like? Where do you live? What is your physician's name? And how many treatments do you need to take in order to be "" cured? Any's information that you can give me so that I can go to my dermatologist with information would be greatly appreciate . All my love Roberta from georgia

• Posted

I'm from Manasquan,NJ. My Dr. is in Ocean NJ. His name is Paul Klenoff. I believe he has a blog or website bc I rated him. My initial consultation with him he told me he couldn't help me. He told me not to ever use steroids creams on my skin as they thin the skin and break down collagen. But I had stopped long ago anyway as those creams don't do anything. Anyway I was upset so he told me to wait a minute. When he came back he told me about the somewhat new treatment, ROM. He gave me the script and told me to look up the side effects and it's was my choice. He asked me to let him know how it worked out. When I saw him about 6 months later he was thrillled as it was a success for us both. He asked me to post results which I did. Unfortunately I don't remember the site. Google his name. To be honest with you the only side effects were very nauseous but only on the first round. Also urine is bright orange but only for one day. I hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi Alison,

Thank you for the info on your our ROM success. Where are you taking the meds once a month, or more often? About how long did it take before you started to see some actual results? Thanks again!

• Posted

Roberta,

I am in north Florida. The treatment is a series of 3 prescription pills taken 1x a month, all 3 together. Rifampicin has a lot of adverse side effects & drug interactions but since it is only taken once a month my primary dr didn't see a problem with it. You can look up ROM treatment on google to see what it entails & tell your dr. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Allison Roxanne from Toms River NJ.   I started seeing a doctor in East Windsor he also does the Eximer Laser.   A huge study was done in Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick they lasered off the lesion and it never came back.   I'm just going to be starting the Aro entrywa i'm just going to be starting the ROM treatment.   I have mine on my legs, back of arms and forearms.   Started with two  I swear I thought every time and I got Cortizone injections I got more!!    

• Posted

Hi Allison, Vicki from Iowa, I've been on Plaquinal and minocycline the past 7 weeks. My spots have faded lots. I have lots of them EVERYWHERE so fading is great and I haven gotten any new ones which is a major result also. I started with GA over a  year ago. I see my derm next week. I don't know if he'll increase to ROM or not. He wanted to start out less aggressive. I'm thinking since I don't have knew ones he might stay with this treatment.Good luck. I couldn't do laer. My spots are millions of little ones everywhere that mesh together to look like big spots.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.