Anyone try the ROM once a month antibiotic treatment for GA?

Posted , 25 users are following.

I went back to my dermatologist today and she said that a lot of her patients with GA have had positive results with taking 3 different antibiotics at one time once month for 3 months. Anyone else try this yet? Its called ROM Therapy.I'll keep you all posted...

0 likes, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Are you still doing the ROM therapy? How is it going. I am starting the therapy this week. Just wondering if it is working for you. Please let me know. Ty
    • Posted

Hello I did the ROM treatment several months ago and it didn't work for me.

I think people get GA for different reasons i.e., food allergies, toxins, or bacterial infections (among others) the ROM treatment will only be beneficial if you have some sort of bacterial "thing" going on. Anyways, I am not a doctor or a scientist. Just my theory.

I hope ROM works for you!!

Julie 😀

• Posted

Hey Julie I am sorry to hear that it didnt work for you. I know how frustrating it is. And yes people get GA for different reasons thats why there isnt a one cure for all. Im going to start therapy today. Ive been a little scared to take this medicine because of side effects. But I will try just about anything. Thank you for getting back to me.

Bess😄

• Posted

I just have to point one thing out... Antibiotics working does not necessarily mean that GA is bacterial.  Our intestines contain billions of bacteria.  If the gut microbiom is unbalanced it can cause inflammation, which allows allergens to get through the intestinal wall and cause problems.  So one reason antibiotics may work for some people is that they kill off enough of the gut bacteria to correct the imbalance and thereby reduce inflammation and reduce intestinal permability.  

Hopefully that makes sense.  

In my opinion, I think an allergic reaction is at the core of GA.  Most allergic reactions start in the gut.  Many of the foods we eat today cause silent inflammation that we cannot feel, but has effects nonetheless.  If we can figure out what is causing that inflammation to tip past the breaking point for each of us, we'll figure out how to get our GA to go away.  

• Posted

My dermatologist would not put me in the ROM due to the side affects. She gave me only the minocycline. I haven't taken it due to the side affects. I just noticed 2 spots on my face I'm pretty sure are GA. I thought it never moved to the face. I have it in my arms, legs, trunk and neck. Now my face!! I may start the meds....

• Posted

What other treatments have you tried?  Have you done an elimination diet?  That seemed to do it for me.  I went back to gluten free and have been strict about it.  I also cut back on corn a lot.  My GA is gone.  

I also have been reading a book called The Upside of Stress.  It talks about how stress can be a positive thing instead of this dreadful thing we need to eliminate from our lives.  It's definitely some very good food for thought and has changed how I view stress.  My GA started after some very stressful events in my life (3 funerals, flooding in my business, total sleep deprivation, etc.).  I think that has also helped a lot.  

• Posted

Well I would like to ask you a question because something that you said above sparked a question that I gave to my physician and he said that was ludicrous. The question or the statement that I had made to my last dermatologist was: it feels as if there's little bugs crawling around making these concentric circles that are irregularly shaped and sizes some grow big some say small some are in clusters of a whole bunch some just have one circle on their own and I said to the doctor it has to be blood-borne it has to be traveling in my bloodstream in order for it to get from the top of my foot to the bottom of my jew line and he said that GA is not a blood borne disorder. So my question back to him was well then what is it? And he said we don't know we have a name for it but we don't know how to cure it. I said well can you send me somewhere I don't care where who would like to study GA and trying to figure out where it comes from how it spreads why is Spreads and how to curate because I'm sick and tired of having yet for over 40 years.

His only suggestion was for me to donate myself to a medical University like Emory like way down in Macon and let the medical students poke and prodded me and I said Saturday up and I'll go , he never made the call so I never went . Now isn't that great physician follow through on the worst case MGA patient he's ever seen in his whole entire life and he was an old fart so he seen a lot of people all my love Roberta from Georgia any suggestions would be greatly helpful I am going to find a cure for us because we are beautiful people But our outside epithelial cells and do not match our insides and sometimes I get depressed because there's not a goddamn thing I can do about it

• Posted

Bath might've grown up to my neck and I have had a spot on my job that I did have a mediately traded with the injections in the lesions all the way around and it went down so don't be scared that they're moving up that just means your GA is progressing fast like mine is

• Posted

Hi Morgan,

Can you tell me wich antibioticsĀ are in de the ROM therapy?

Thanks!

• Posted

Yes that's the answer to the question I would like as well. What kind of anabiotic's how much cc what was the combination of the cocktail that they gave you so that we know that it's good yes this combinations good or no those combinations bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All my love Roberta from the state of Georgia

• Posted

Thank U thank U thank U thank U for the combination I've asked that question several times and never got an answer God bless you

• Posted

Just started the ROM therapy today after 4 years of having GA. Praying it works! Have to say though it's making me really nauseous.

• Posted

One girl that was eight months ago Your, you need to reply back and let us know how it works
    • Posted

I took ROM for a year it did work.  When I stopped it only took 6 months to return 2-fold.  When I returned to treatment it had no affect on the outbreak (after taking it another year and a half)  Thinking of trying the antihistamines which I feel is at the base of the outbreaks.  All these drugs including antihistamines are bandaids but since the drs don't feel it is important enough to find the cause I will at least lessen the appearance if I can.

cheryl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.