Anyone unable to do any physical activites from anxiety???

Posted , 10 users are following.

I cannot workout or do any physical activity from my anxiety. Does anyone have similar problems? Even when i walk up the stairs my heart starts racing. Not to mention what happens when i try to do some serious workout. I just cant do it. When i try to exercise my heart pounds and palpitates so loud like its gonna explode and i got so dizzy in my head and i need to stop. If i try to ignore these symptoms and just keep working out no matter what then i get some intense panic attacks and i almost pass out.

I just cant do any physical activity.Please anyone have this ? Or has anyone cured from this?

PLEASE HELP.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

i have this my heart is always racing 24/7 i tried to workout some today because i heard it help with the heart but i was so out of breath ans i get out of breath from just walking up the steps and i think i have a heart problem idk its really scary

• Posted

me too.... its so f*****g scary.... i cant live like this.... im in constant fear....did you check your heart and done tests? i did 2 years ago.... and past few months i was okay... and now it started happening again and its more intense than ever... i cant sleep at night.... sometimes it wakes me up at night and i think im having a heart attack.... i think its just anxiety. but im always scared od this symptoms....

• Posted

Thats me . Heart palpitates when it beats over 110 . my heart always beats over 100 when im walking around . Working out causes me so much anxiety because of the physical symtpms . Start slow . Im going to start slow . 10 min work out increase to 15 then 20 then 30. Start slow and switch to higher level every two weeks . Im going to try this starting tomm . Im also eating healthier and taking vitamins . I think anxiety has made me lazy and now im out of shape and anxious. Bad combo ! Also Im what they call fat skinny . I look like Im in shape but I feel 1000 pounds out of breath all the time . Hang in there this is my life !

• Posted

I used to go to gym 6 days a week..... I lived a lifestyle as a professional bodybuilder... Now i cant do any physical activity and it kills me inside. i was going in gym 10 years in a row... And i looked very very good... Now i gained 10 kg of fat and i lost all muscle because i cant workout anymore. Im so depressed.... I dont want to live like this. Im just laying in my bed for 24 hours thinking about this stupid symptoms and overthinking about everything.... Ill try with some medications now for a year or two.... If nothing helps its better that i die. because this life sucks. Constant feeling of anxiety and doom. And fear of brain stroke and going blind and all other s**t because i have so many symptoms. I tried to workout slowly but i cant.... After some time i forgot that im SICK and i start lifting heavier weights and it always turns into a panic attack and i almost pass out.

• Edited

That is very common mark. Remember, anxiety is exhausting on the body. So it makes sense that you would not have energy to exercise. Or do much of anything.please do not worry about your heart racing. It will not hurt you at all. It’s the adrenaline that is causing it. The brain sends a signal to release adrenaline when a person has anxiety or underlying anxiety. It eventually wears off.

I am someone that has had anxiety for over 30 years and I can tell you that anxiety can pop out of nowhere. None of the symptoms are harmful but I know how annoying they are and weird. I’ve had probably every one of them at some point in my life. But it doesn’t have to make our lives miserable.

one thing I have Learned over the years is not to overreact to the anxiety and symptoms. That only makes everything worse.

if I feel my heart start to pound while doing physical activity, I just slow down a little bit and just do things a little slower.

but I don’t stop doing everything completely. I still exercise, I still go up the stairs may be a little slower if I feel that way,. When you’re going through an anxious.time, give your body some slack and just slow down a little.

But remain determined that you are in control of your life ,

The anxiety will eventually settle down. The proper mental attitude is of upmost importance! Take it in stride as best you can.

also if you have issues in your life causing anxiety, it’s best to speak with a counselor or therapist who can help you better manage the anxiety. It helped me a lot.

There are also great talks on YouTube about anxiety and what you can do to help manage it.

ONE very important thing in the management of anxiety is proper breathing! even just taking five minutes to refocus and breathe correctly can’t help a lot. That’s another thing you can find on YouTube.

theres not a certain cure for anxiety. It’s more of a process. That is something a therapist can help you with! I hope you feel better soon. But you’re going to be OK! Take one day at a time ❤

• Posted

I meant to say refocusing in breathing properly can help a lot. not cant

• Posted

yes i do and thats why i stop working out, anything i do that makes my heart races i stop doing them cause of this anxiety,

• Posted

I so want to get rid of my tummy but as i as i even think of exercising or walk i get such a weird heartbeat that i just stop at the moment. I feel sad because 3 years ago i could do this stuff easily.

• Posted

I have been to soooo many doctors and they dont know why my heart beats so fast during exercise!! Its pumping properly but its in the 240's!! Its very annoying cause I can really only play football for 20 minutes without needing to just collapse onto the grass and take a break. I also hate the easily shortness of breath and feeling like my heart is about to explode out of my chest!

• Posted

My heart beats so bad it feels like im gonna faint.... now its 2 years like that.... ive been to 3 cardiologists....sometimes it skips a beat sometimes i feel few loud beats in a row sometimes it just beats so bad like its gonna explode and i need to stop working out or im gonna end in Emergency Room with a panic attack.... Do you ever get panic attacks from exercise?

• Posted

Does your heart skip beats or just beats real fast?

• Posted

Both........Sometimes i feel like its a skipped beat... sometimes a very loud beat that will jump out from my chest.... sometimes i feel few loud beats or skips in a row..... But when i try to workout or ride a bike it just beats so fast and so strong it feels like its gonna explode and i have feeling in head like im gonna faint.... It feels like heart is nervous or it doesnt pump blood properly to the rest off the body.... it feels like a sudden rush of blood to the hurt and its gonna explode... If i try to ignore these symptoms and sensations and keep working out no matter what then i got serious panic attack and almost every time i end up in Emergency Room.

• Posted

i feel like i got so much anxiety and so much worry that it completly drains energy from me. like all i want to do is just sit down and not do anything and i hate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.