Anyone use dynasplint for their frozen shoulder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

If anyone has use oned I'd love to discuss. I'm really struggling with it

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not surprised you are struggling with it. I have looked into this and I admit never have seen one but can understand the technology behind it. For a knee  joint  good, it would seem to glide the knee in an anatomcal  manner. Pretty good on a hip. Reasonable on an elbow. Who would ever dream of using it on a shoulder,I do not know. Get out or find your anatomy book and  look how  different a shoulder is

?from other large joints. It is concave convex and rolls and glides. When you treat it like a hinge how could it not be painfull and cause pain and grief. Find a physiotherapist who has a post graduate degree or diploma in the treatment of shoulder conditions. If you follow this forum you will see that orthopaedic surgeons say no treatment should be given. The paradox is that now every shoulder is called frozen so it becomes more and more difficult to know who to treat and what the treatment should be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.