anyone use Lotriderm?

Posted , 2 users are following.

An update, I recently saw a dermatologist (finally), who was very kind and examined my glans, she said there is a possibility I may just have a case of Eczema since there is no real thick skin, so she prescribed me Lotriderm steroid cream, and also epiderm to wash with. I have been using it for 2 weeks so far, and only a few of the scar like white dots on my glans have gone, but the whiteness on my glans is totally there. overall the skin is more smooth too.

Has anyone got any experience with lotriderm and epiderm, how long it takes to work?

she also said if this does not work by my next app, then she will send me for a biopsy, just to confirm if it is LS, bxo. I guess its harder to diagnose just by looking if your a guy, not sure really

also if it turns out to really be LS, does dermovate usually return that white dead looking skin to normal pink skin again?

thanks guys, having an anxiety attack about this at this very moment 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Out in Space

How difficult for you, we all know that feeling of waiting and feeling anxious. I haven't come across Lotriderm, but I have been using Epaderm to wash with for years and have found it the very best thing available. Do make sure that where you have an option, you use the ointment (vaseline-like texture, in a tub not a pump action bottle) rather than cream. There was a thread a long time ago where people were sensitive to the thing that made creams white. I also use the Epaderm ointment as a barrier if I know i'm going swimming, going to be out all day or generally might need a barrier. A doctor whose daughter had terrible eczema told me it was the best - so it should be good whatever you eventually are diagnosed with.

I've been stable for many years, so am really racking my brains to remember the early days, but I remember the dermovate (Clobetasol) being used twice a day for six weeks, then once a day for six weeks, then twice a week as maintenance for at least six months. Once I found borax (two years later), I was able to stop using steroid, but I'd always advocate using it at first to get things under control, and until you understand your body and its reactions.

Two more things I remember - my doctor was totally wrong about the dosage of Clob, and this regime came from the vulval dermatologist who said the clinical guidelines didn't apply for LS. Also only use a pea size amount, too much can cause its own problems. Secondly the Clob did remove the white from 90% of the area. I still have a small patch which just won't go, but I had a derm appt last week and she said it was nothing to worry about.

I think the diagnosis is hard because so many doctors aren't well informed about this. There have been many threads where people have got into terrible states, physically and mentally, because of years of misdiagnosis. Good that you're in the system, and hopefully you will get some useful input soon.

Good luck

Bridge

• Posted

hi bridge,

thank you so much for your reply, it really did calm my nerves to hear that clob did remove the white ls skin. I will be seeing my derm again in january, probably be referred for a biopsy, which will be a relief at this point, misdiagnosis is as cruel as the problem

• Posted

Best of luck to you, and remember that you can always come here for advice, or just to read what people are trying out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.