Anyone use Quetiapine for anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have some bad anxiety I'm dealing with, I've tried lorazepam and clonazapam and can't take them as they make me really depressed. I have been taking Quetiapine at night to help sleep, 25mg and it def helps me sleep. I take 25mg during the day sometimes when I can barely function at work, it helps the anxiety but makes me sleepy of course and dull. Was thinking of raising the amount I take during the day to 50 or 75mg. Doctor says the higher the dose I take the less sleepy it will make me feel. Anyway have experience with this working with anxiety on these doses? Thanks

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jeremy.  I am Bi Polar.  I have been taking Quetiapine for quite a while now.  I was started at 25mg and moved up to 100mg over the space of about 10 days.  Then, each time I had an appointment I was increased.  I am now on 400mg.  I am a little suprised by your message.  You should of been told to take your meds in the evening.  I take mine  in the evening and I normally sleep for more than  12 hours.  As for the more you take the less sleepy, well, that is totally wrong in my case.  I would go and see your doctor and talk to him / her about still having anxiety.  I should tell you though that I am taking three other drugs on top of my Quetiapine and I still have panic attacks.

Good Luch

• Posted

I used to take 50mg for anxiety, used it as prn, it does work it never made me feel drowsy. Best to try while you are at home.
  • Posted

That med is a anti despresnt for sleep as well. Ive been on 300mgs for 10 yrs ir more. It can make u hingry and gain weight. Its not really ment for anxiety. I have bad anxiety. Ive tried everything they have for anxiety but the only thing that works is xanax. Not recommending it. Its a bad med but for sleeping seriquil is great but if ur taking it for anxiety dnt expect much help...srry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.