Anyone use Ultrasound for a Broken Wrist?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I fell and broke my wrist 5 weeks ago. I think I over did the exercise trying to make a fist and now I am in bad pain especially at night. My cast was removed 4 weeks ago. I called the dr and they told me to rest it till Monday and if no better come in. My question is has anyone ever used a ultrasound machine for broken bone pain? Also infrared red light? Did these work to help you get out of pain? If not what did you use to help your pain?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can't advise you on ultrasound for a wrist fracture but were you really in plaster for only 1 week? I had to keep the plaster for 6 weeks. I had minimal pain right from the start and could always make a fist/move my fingers.

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say I broke my wrist 5 weeks ago and cast was removed 1 week ago. Had a splint on for 1 week and cast 3 weeks.
  • Posted

Ankle fracture, but yes I was prescribed Exogen ultrasound about 35 days ago. It wasn't for pain exactly, but to promote blood flow, which speeds the healing. I can tell you I have improved and I am in less pain now. It's prescribed for 60 days.

• Posted

I seen Exogen ultrasound but that seems like it is more for bone healing that is hard to heal. I was looking at a Ezultrasound machine for pain. I sure hope I am not in pain much longer.
    • Posted

Yes, my fracture was sitting there being stubborn, so my pain was high forever! Exogen is to promote the bone healing. I'm at 17 weeks this Thursday, and I would say my pain went down about 4 weeks ago. All these diff broken bones really hurt for long periods for some of us. Hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Of course it's always helps. Don't be afraid of radiation , there is small amount of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.