Anyone using Medical Marijuana for Menopause?

Posted , 10 users are following.

So, it's been a year of supplements and I'm over this.cant take HRT or antidepressants. I read that Medical Marijuana is very helpful for menopause and could decrease anxiety and depression sometimes by 50 percent. This is not a route I've ever taken or have tried before. My mom had cancer and when she was in pain it was almost an option we looked into but, she died suddenly. It's a private matter so, if you don't want to post you could also, private message me. I would just like to know if it is helping anyone? I know time will fix this. New supplements I'm taking are kicking in but, with a year lost I'm really just needing something to push this along. I want my life back and to be able to function for my family. I know everybody wants that and if this is more helpful and could help me. I'd just like to know ❤️ Thanks Ladies!!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have a friend of a friend who is 55 and she uses it at night--(smokes it-?). I believe it's to help with sleep but you never know it could help with other things.. I have also heard about CBD oil that is sold everywhere... If I knew it would help with anxiety issues, I could be interested.

• Posted

Yes, I'm dealing with dizziness that I think is due to anxiety so, that's really why I was looking into it. I've had this symptom for so long. Still debating though. First time in my life even having to take supplements let alone that! Thanks ❤️

• Edited

hi Jeni - i have tried a CBD spray (mouth) for my anxiety & didnt get great results from it - for me i actually think it caused me gas (funny) i do love the CBD balm that i use on my achy joints though! i have found magnesium and a really good stress vitamin to be helpful & on really bad days i take a ashwagandha with black pepper to calm my crazed nerves - i am so sorry about your mom, losing a parent is tough!

• Edited

Thanks very much Debra. I've tried the CBD but, me too not the greatest results. I've decided to just stick it out right now with supplements. I'm afraid I won't be able to function if I try it. You know it may make me feel better but, may be too overwhelming to function. God, I don't need more symptoms or issues to add to my list. I need to just ride it out and see if they kick in -in the next couple of weeks. I'm so frustrated though. This is so tough. My patience is depleted. I know in time it will pass it's just almost a year and I can't stand this anymore. I'm in my house waiting for this brain fog to lift. It's like glass between me and the world and I can't walk through it. Again, thanks for your reply. Didn't know if they would post my question. First time moderated when posting a question! Hope you feel better too!! Hugs!!

• Posted

I hadn't realized that medical marijuana for menopause was even something that was possible. I personally would have a hard time having that conversation with my Dr without feeling like I would be labeled. I feel that way anyway just going in for all my issues. I have considered the CBD oil but it isn't regulated so I am leery.

• Posted

Yes, apparently many woman use it for symptoms. I never considered it before but, I'm really wanting this to end. After researching on line and talking to friends. I decided to ask about it. I figured too I could be labeled but, if it was going to help me. I tell ya I really wasn't worried about that. This is my life on hold right now. The week I asked about it. They said they didn't do that at my doctor's office and then the following week big sign in my doctor's office for it. It's a money maker. I didn't realize how expensive it would be though. The card with a follow up is $275...75 to the state, you have to renew annually for another $175 and then there's the cost to purchase. I'm still on the fence. I just started some Lion's Mane supplements. Supposed to be good for the brain and nervous system. I'm probably going to just give that a few weeks to kick in. I'm just antsy for this to end!!!

• Edited

Hi

Pot has been legal here in Canada for over a year, so we can just go buy it as if it were a bottle of wine, We are now even allowed to grow r plants per household.

i don't make a habit of smoking it but I've tried a few different strains, some will hype you up some will calm you down. It died one that was higher in cbd and lower in thc, I found this was great for the night's my anxiety was high and I felt agitated and my head pressure disappeared.

I have this idea in my head that it's wrong if I smoke it all the time, so try to stick to when my symptoms are at its worse, like pms....but really is I'm thinking it would be better than someone taking a sleeping pill every night.

My adult sons made pot cookies once last summer, I never tried edibles ever before, not thinking I ate a whole cookie one night...couldn't move, but extremely relaxed and no pain. The next time I tried a quarter of a cookie before bed, very relaxed and slept great.

i think we have it in our adult/parent minds that pot is a big bad thing, but it is natural, but is it ok to be taking sleeping pills, anti depressants or pain killers???

I get it, even though it's legal here now, we still seem to whisper about it, like we are horrible people.

I can only speak from my own experience and it was not specifically medical pot....but it seemed to help some symptoms., but which kind does matter.

• Posted

Thanks so much Samantha for responding. When thinking about it I figured it would help for better sleep so, I could relax more. I would definitely need the strain that calms me down. I looked into it for my mom when she was sick with cancer. It has helped a lot of people suffering in pain when nothing else has worked. I have no desire to take anti depressants, sleeping pills or pain killers. Don't need an addiction on top of all these Peri symptoms. I just have dizziness right now that I can't shake. Again, I just started some new supplements. It's only been a couple days on them and I just really need to wait a few weeks to see if they help before making this decision to take this route. My luck I'd get the hype strain - ha. Your response is so much appreciated though. I know it's cold up where you are right now. Keep warm!! xo

• Edited

I tryed cbd oil a few months ago for my pain and didnt feel any different unfirtunately as I had high hopes but im actually not sure on the dosage so maybe that was the problem, I tryed 1 drop then 3 then 10 in a smoothie but all i goy was a bit of tummy ache 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.