Anyone vibrating in body?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last March 2017 detoxed off methadone (chronic pain, not abuse). Then April 2017 a DR. overmedicated my thyroid . Since then I've been so nervous & anxious. I've seen naturopath for 10 months & $8,0000 later still feel awful. Its affected the quality of my life. Been on benzodiazepines for years & body responfs very little. MRI of brain normal.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

taper off the benzos. The benzos are the problem.
    • Posted

How are u sure of that Mike? Do u know of someone? The vibrating started after was off all thyroid meds.
    • Posted

I have personal experience. It is the benzo. Once you take benzos, your life changes forever. I suggest tapering off it slowly. I have seen people get diagnosed with MS when in reality they were just going through inter-dose benzo withdrawal. None of this stuff is "medicine." 

• Posted

Thank u. I've been going off Klonopin for last 8 weeks & on valium equivalent. Then off vaium.The Ashton protocol. It will take at least 20 more weeks or more,cuz i hear it gets hard at end. I appreciate your help of input.

• Posted

I cold turkeyed Xanax, it is brutal. I take Mirtazapine to deal with the horrifying withdrawal symptoms.

Slowly tapering the Mirtazapine via the Ashton method.

• Posted

hI Janina Sorry to butt in but why were your thyroid meds opped? 

​Were you under an endocrinologist? 

Have you had the thyroid hormone/antibodies checked since you started with these tremors?

​Please get checked out physically as it could be a thyroid issue and not a case of anxiety per se.

Can you ask for a blood test soon ?

• Posted

Last March I went off Methadone for chronic pain.I have been hypo for 9 yrs. I moved & new Dr. put me on Naturethroid. You have to go up slow,cuz it does more. I had all hyperthyroid symptoms. Panic attacks(never had before) & thought I was dying, amongst all symptoms besides coma & death. Then I went on sex hormones. I've been under naturopath care since last March. Yes they tested all of it in my ring cortisol.

• Posted

That was brave. Xanax has a short half life of 2-4hrs. Thats why Ashton puts you on valium it has the longest half life to leave your body.
    • Posted

I have read the Ashton Manual, but had no choice but to cold turkey. Benzos are heavily restricted in my state now. 
    • Posted

hI Janina Sorry to butt in but how much Valium were/are you taking? Hope you do not miond my asking. Thanks
  • Posted

Are you taking meds for thyroid issues? I agree with Mike that the benzos are the problem. 

They may need to be tapered off but this has to be done extremely slowly otherwise it is very dangerous. If you google Ashtons Manual there are lots of good advice in that but you really need to discuss all this with your dr as he should be made aware of your intention to come of any medication.

• Posted

I am on naturethroid 1 1/2gr. I'm on the Ashton protocol & have 3 more nites of klonopin left & that will take approx 10 days to leave system & upping valium to 40mg. Then I will have dosage change to taper valium.

• Posted

The benzos are NOT the problem just because someone says they are or because they are benzos. They are the only thing that works for me and ANXIETY causes you to feel like your body is vibrating NOT the medication and OMG you have a thyroid issue, you need to keep your levels in check because between the thyroid and the anxiety, you may as well forget it. I am speaking from experience, I have mainly hypothyroidism but it goes back and forth and no doctor will treat it so I get to deal with all the wonderful symptoms of both all mixed together with a nice big helping of anxiety and panic attacks. I am not taking anything currently and still feel the way you described, so no it isn't necessarily the medications.

• Posted

Thank you Rachel. I don't believe it is either. I'm hypo & Dr gave me naturethroid, which u must go on slowly. My TSH was a 1 to begin with & he prescribed 1gr. That caused all hyperthyroid symptoms. Panick attacks, feeling like I was dying sky high NO, heart Palps, going to bathroom 9x day and I had been on Levrothyroxine for 8 years. Levo never did much, but put me in more pain & got fat. I have been tremoring since that happened. Was off all thyroid meds & that's when vibrating started. I attribute this to my thyroid. My epinephrine is way too high & GABA is high from klonopin. On Ashton protocol & going off & going on valium. Now I felt my back got better have back problems & fibro. All this hyperstimulation is putting me in a lot of pain. That makes you an,ious when it's so hard to stand & walk. Thank God my Christian faith is where I go in my mind, otherwise I honestly didn't think I would be here anymore. Sad,but true. This vibrating has compromised my life immensely. I saw naturopath, neurologist & Nurse Practitioner & Wed is psychiatrist. I've never been to one. I have been getting off meds & had to go on Trazadone)antidepressant. Doesn't belp vibrating,but helps with getting some sleep.

• Posted

Janina I agree with Rachfeld. What on earth is your dr  playing at? Pls go back and get your thyroid blood screening. Take care xxt

Have sent you a PM.

• Posted

Had checked in january & TSH went back up. My naturethroid was increased 3/4 gr more, now on 1 1/2gr. We have been working on my thyroid since April 2017. It takes a long time,cuz can't test but every 3 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.