Anyone with a chronic fissure had experience of a colonoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Unsuccessful botox on 29th December 2017 .

Fissure not healing although pain not as horrendous as at onset.

Adverse reaction to botox and still incontinent.

Been referred to gastroenterologist because of changes to bowel habits which started at same time as fissure

Min 4 bms every morning....taking hours before I can safely leave the house

Concerned I will need a colonoscopy when I am already experiencing so much pain and discomfort

Anyone with experience of colonoscopy with chronic painful fissure ?

Many thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jennifer, why are you having four BMs every morning? I would think you need to cut back on fiber. I only have one BM in the morning and I am fine with that. Good luck.
  • Posted

Jennifer I would have the colonoscopy so the Dr can have a good look at what's happening in there. I don't know about where you live but here in Ontario we're given a general anesthetic so don't feel a thing. I too suffer from multiple BM's on days I do have them but it's because I have to rely on stool softeners to go without risk of exasperating fissure and hemmoroids.

• Posted

Thanks Kathy

I'm in the Uk and really don't know what they do here

I maybe pre empting things but there is definitely something not right with my bowels which I'm sure is going to involve some testing

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

I had a colonoscopy and hemorrhoid banding done before they diagnosed the fissure. The pain afterwords was TERRIBLE. I think the colonoscopy made the fissure worse. If you can put off the colonoscopy until you heal you might want to but discuss this with your doc as there may be underlying issues that require the colonoscopy. 

• Posted

Thanks Vuki

I saw a new Consultant and he said I would need a colonoscopy ad I anticipated but will be waiting until there had been some more healing of the fissure 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.