Anyone with acid reflux had this kind of pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ..

I’m a little desperate atm every few months I get a flare up of this pain that comes and goes for around 3 weeks.. the pain is well it starts across my back like a horrible winded feeling then it creeps through to the front and it’s like someone has put a belt around me and they are pulling it so tight.. winded.. crushing.. it’s the worse pain I have ever experienced .. you can’t sit lay or stand.. it makes me sick and I am screaming out in pain and feel like I can’t breathe... this is just under my boobs..   

doctors can’t see what it is .. whenever I go I get given a hospital appt for ultrasound mri endoscopy but it’s like 3 months later and at a time where I’m not in pain.. 

Everything comes back normal and it’s just put down as reflux..

I got it back today.. it is getting worse and worse and today I was in agony my neighbour was knocking to see if I was okay.. I could barely breathe and took myself off to hospital.. I know I will have it for the next couple of weeks and the thought of having it again is seriously making me consider just killing myself .. I can’t cope with it

I was only seen by the urgent gp as they said it wasn’t something for the accident and emergency.. and the go just said he couldn’t think of what it could be.. I need to go back to my doctor for a referral for more tests .. I cried my eyes out as I knew he was gonna send me away and I’d have to go through the pain again...

It’s been a traumatic day.. and I’m not being dramatic.. 

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone with reflux has had this ? 

Any advice or ideas would be amazing.. I’m desperate 

Sorry that was so long xxx

Thanks if You read!! Xxxxx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I so feel for you. Can't say as iv done that. But question, have they checked yr gall bladder. Sounds what my sister did when she was suffering with hers..if not, make sure they ck that asap..look up gall bladder attack symptoms and see if they compare...so sorry..hope u get answers soon..

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.. yeah they have checked my gallbladder but the appointment takes so long to come through and at the time they check it I’m not in pain anymore.. So I don’t know if it would show anything .. I need to be tested when I’m in pain .. but I got turned away from a+e 

Thanks again for reply xxx

• Posted

Hi each.I had this problem on and off about 15yrs. And just last 2 months back I had a very bad reflux/heartburn attack which I had admitted twice and 3 times of A&E within 2 weeks. Normally during my stomach pain and burning I don't take bread cos it'll cos my stomach bloated and milk too. I don't take coffee,tea or milk. I only drink hot chocolate but not too much. I had been taking Omeperazol 20 mg a day for normal days and during the bad times I'll need to take Nexium 40 mg twice a day and Gaviscon Advance antacid. During my latest attack I'm so suffering. I hardly can eat,cannot sleep,depress and anxiety. But now I'm getting better. What I do is I eat small amount and many times. Beginning I take some porridge, oat and soup. But make sure the oat need to soak for a while till it expand than only eat it.  Try to take warm or hot food and drink. Don't take cold stuff. I eat every 3 to 4hrs. Thanks god now I'm getting better and better. And now I'm quitting smoking too. Wish you speedy recover. 

• Posted

Thank you for ur advice xx sorry ur suffering and for so long! 

I’m not gonna eat anything until I see a doctor .. I’m not gonna risk getting it again .. unfortunately I just tried to get an appointment and they have none today, gonna try again tomoz ! 

Thanks You xxx

• Posted

Are you taking any medication for this PPI or Gaviscon ? I would try some if you haven't also address your diet don't eat spiced foods or drink coffe or fizzy drinks I get more burning they pain it's hell when I'm having a flare up like I am now 

• Posted

As someone else suggested, get your gall bladder checked.  I had symptoms as you describe for a while and was given tablets for acid etc, said I had gastritis, however the attacks got worse until I was afraid to eat anything.  Had a blood test and they said didn't show up gallstones, then had a scan which said I did have gallstones, before I saw the consultant I had a particularly bad attack I ended up in the A&E.  I too had pain as you describe, right through to my back, made me feel sick etc.

• Posted

I had an ultrasound the last time I had the pain but the appointment took so long to come through that the pain had gone by the time I had the scan.. and they said it was fine.. no gallstones... 

Do I have to be checked whilst I’m in the pain or around the time I am getting the pain? I got sent away from the hospital I can’t get in to see my go till Tuesday.. and I’m terrified to eat .. I haven’t had anything since yesterday morning .. just water 

• Posted

That pain, in the left shoulder blade and then under the left breast....is what I had for 3 months. Waking up at 3 in the morning, having to sit up. After 3 months of hospital tests,  heart, liver, kidney, gallbladder,etc. I finally found an internist who cured this.

Take one Tablespoon of MaaloxMax or Mylanta or its generic equivalent.BEFORE each meal. This is trapped gas, It's painful!  You will burp and pass all the wind, and feel relieved.

I now take chewable anti-gas tablets, one or two before a meal. The other products have magnesium which upset my bowels. I hope Simethecone helps you, It can't hurt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.