Anyone with Benigh Essential bleharospams (BEB) here?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I AM REALLY SCARED!!! I been experiencing twitching on my outer corner of my left eye, sometimes my right eye, my left nose and my right nose would twitch too!!

It has been a month! this twitching started 2 weeks after I had a teeth cleaning. I never had any probelm with my teeth cleaning before, (it is regular 3 months cleaning). BUt after that cleaning, that night my right jaw hurt so bad. the next day I went back to my dentist and she told me to wear night guard.

The clicking is still here but no more pain...

Can anyone let me know what is the early symptoms of BEB...I am really scared..

went to an opathomologist and she said everything is fine...they wont refer me to a neuro-opathomologist or and neurologist that specializes in motor disorder..

Please help me here....I am going crazy

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

PS the twitching on my left eye wont stop. it is 24/7 and even during sleep!!!

• Posted

BEB is a type of Dystonia. Dystonia is not caused by a dental visit, so the timing of the twitching after a dental visit would only be coincidental. Dystonia is caused by a malfunction in your brain.

You have one sentence that refers to "clicking" and pain. Those symptoms sound more like TMJ disorder. However, it sounds like those symptoms might be resolved, correct? Specialty dentists treat TMJ disorder.

In almost all cases, muscle twitching is temporary and harmless. However, if the twitching is near-constant, or it doesn't go away after a few days, it would be good to make an appointment with a general neurologist. He/she can rule out other neurological conditions.

That said, the "B" in BEB stands for "benign," meaning it's not harmful. In the absolute worst-case scenario, you'd treat it with Botox injections. I've have Cervical Dystonia, and have been having Botox injections for quite some time. I've had zero side effects from Botox.In fact, millions of people have Botox injections in their face for cosmetic reasons, and it's popular because it's nearly harmless. The injection itself is similar to a bee sting, but it's over in a few seconds. The Botox typical lasts about three months.

But in almost all cases, twitching is nothing to be worried about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.